please

F

fishudedmeet

i really need info on fishing adair pond for bass before sat. of this week. we killed em at waverly on beetle spins:think: might work not sure. help out!

H

Hawk

Sorry i've never bean thar.......................................:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...................:D

aroun heer i bean c&r bass on shallow diving rapalas & a deep diving baby bass.......................................:D

Happy fishin'........................:D

C

chris61182

Adair pond isn't very big at all and Google Maps makes it look like there's a trail going the whole way around. The best advice I can give is just go fish it, as you should be able to cover the whole pond a few times with a different lure each time around.

F

fishudedmeet

i'll post some pics :)

R

rainbowfisherman

Never fished for cats. But would like to try i hear thgis pond has monsters
Any advice on what to use.

A

A_J-Llama

I've only fished it once, caught a 2 lb LM next to a large stump at waters edge directly across from the access trail leading to the lake. Actually my son was standing on the stump fishing when i walked up and caught the bass right next to him and scared the bujesus out of him,lol. I caught it on a 4" weinie worm rigged with a slider head hook. We did catch some bream as well, and tried for cats,but with no success. This was late summer and the lake was down a bit. Lot's-O-Luck

Bass Man

Bass Man

Update on Adair Pond~
Went to Adair Pond on April 10th, spent several hours here before going over to EE Wilson. Ended up probably fishing the same spot as A J-Llama. Landed a nice 3 lb LM using a frog/white belly Hula Popper, have pics on cellphone I still need to send via email. I do believe in catch and release so he is still in there if anyone wants to go find him. Best to cast next to the island. Landed the Hula Popper about a foot away from the island and wham! Within a second or two the fight was on. That was the only fish we got that day at Adair Pond but it was worth it:)

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
I'm gonna.....

I'm gonna.....

Bass Man;
Thanks for the update. I keep telling myself to go check EE Wilson out,but never have taken the time. Once you park,how far is it to the water? I have heard it is about a mile. I am always a bit paranoid when it comes to leaving my van where I can't see it. Ever have any trouble with break-ins? I bought a handful of frogs just so I could feel the thrill of a big 'ol bass taking it. Do you go anywhere else? Be safe.
Barb

Bass Man

Bass Man

Hi Barb,
Your welcome for the update on the Adair Pond. As for EE Wilson, got there about 11am ish, spent several hours fishing but didn't get anything. We tossed just about everything at em' that day but nothing except for lots of weeds! I would say during the time we were at EE Wilson there was maybe on average 15-20 other anglers but they didn't get anything either. They have since stocked it twice with over 3,000 trout, the last scheduled stocking was April 20th. You should go try your luck, it's a nice pond if you don't mind a little walk. As for the walk, feels like a mile and for some reason seems longer each time I go out there:) I haven't had any problems with my vehicles, not sure if you could maybe call the main office and just ask them if they have had any break-ins. Nothing like the feel of a big 'ol bass on the line:)

Anywhere else...Mary's river, Green Peter, Foster, Gravel pits along Highway 34/ Fisher Island area and Freeway lakes just to name some of my regular spots.

If you make it out to EE Wilson can you give us an update?

Last edited:
Bass Man

Bass Man

Adair Pond~6/12/09

Adair Pond~6/12/09

Went out on friday and fished for about 5 hours. I had my two sons and my buddy took his boy as well. We ended up fishing from the dock since we had the kids with us, figured it would be just a nice relaxing day catching sunfish and bluegill...well I figured wrong! :( In the 5 hours we only caught 2 bluegill using worms.

I did happen to sneak on over to my favorite bass fishing hole but got nothing, my buddy got skunked as well. Was using Top water lures and crankbaits. There was a couple other guys fishing but they didn't catch anything as well.

As we were leaving my friend spoke with a couple of the ODFW employees, they informed him that someone had planted a couple of Northern Pikes in the pond 2 years ago:mad: This explains the lack of fish in this pond now!!! Well I can cross this one off my list of fishing holes close to home now!!

Top Bottom