Please welcome me back...

B
Big3d
Wow dude, excellent fish pics, and congrats on finding a girl who enjoys fishing!

troutdude
troutdude
dozer365 said:
And yes copper and black plug mag 3.0 and 3.5 have produced now both on steelhead (summers and winter) and coho.. And the purple hooked several Chinook..

Great to know. Thank you.

C_Run
C_Run
Welcome back. Dozer, let me ask, do the fish hook themselves on the plugs or do you do a hook set? My only experience with plugs is from a boat with the rod in a holder. I've got plenty of plugs I can experiment with from the bank. Thanks.

D
dozer365
C_Run said:
Welcome back. Dozer, let me ask, do the fish hook themselves on the plugs or do you do a hook set? My only experience with plugs is from a boat with the rod in a holder. I've got plenty of plugs I can experiment with from the bank. Thanks.
I just wait for them to turn and run..... It's generally 2-4 bump bump bump then zzzzzzzz.... Line burning... But I have also set the hook... I fish them from vantage points and can often see the fish break from cover and chase them down.... Not just backing them into fish... So that was an eye opener for me to see the fish run to the plug.. Not react out of defensive nature but an aggressive one...

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

jamisonace
jamisonace
My experience with those small mag lips on nooks is that they stick. Our biggest mckenzie springer came on a 3.5 after losing a few on k15s.

Great fish dozer.

C_Run said:

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
Welcome back!!!:)

T
troutmasta
Hey, welcome back Dozer! Nice feeesh. I'm getting a copper mag lip!

C
ChezJfrey
troutmasta said:
Hey, welcome back Dozer! Nice feeesh. I'm getting a copper mag lip!

He loves that thing. I'm pretty sure he keeps it with him at all times, always has it with him...probably even sleeps with it under a pillow.

hobster
hobster
dozer365 said:
I just wait for them to turn and run..... It's generally 2-4 bump bump bump then zzzzzzzz.... Line burning... But I have also set the hook... I fish them from vantage points and can often see the fish break from cover and chase them down.... Not just backing them into fish... So that was an eye opener for me to see the fish run to the plug.. Not react out of defensive nature but an aggressive one...

Are you using a planer? Only time i've ever seen em fished off the bank was with a planer, or do you just fish them near the bank and hold your rod out. Either way, looks like you got it down!

L
LivinItUpCO
Dozer, great info. If you ever happen to be in CO, let me know I can offer some advice. Looks like you know how to catch fish anywhere though...

D
dozer365
hobster said:
Are you using a planer? Only time i've ever seen em fished off the bank was with a planer, or do you just fish them near the bank and hold your rod out. Either way, looks like you got it down!
Casting across, up or down... Then retrieve or let line depending o. Type of water and depth...

D
dozer365
ChezJfrey said:
He loves that thing. I'm pretty sure he keeps it with him at all times, always has it with him...probably even sleeps with it under a pillow.
e98a58a47150e4ffd1bdf591b9abe4cc.jpg

D
dozer365
36195178b78d907f0e0aff76f5d8e7f0.jpg

D
dozer365
It has its own pillow

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
F
FISHKIM
Nice pics!

H
halibuthitman
Don't turn your back on the flame orange hot shots and f 7 plugs in flame orange with black spots, and the chrome green mag lips

D
dozer365
halibuthitman said:
Don't turn your back on the flame orange hot shots and f 7 plugs in flame orange with black spots, and the chrome green mag lips

I have a few orange. And crowded pattern and green pirate

D
dozer365
dozer365 said:
I have a few orange. And crowded pattern and green pirate

Crawdad