Please shoot me..

M
mudslinging79
took the girlfriend and daughterr to harriet last week, and i was outfished by both. girlfriend caught a 17 incher.... her and i were using eggs on a wedding ring, daughter had a ford fender with a ring on it, bait was eggs... trolling the deep end and we we were getting bite after bite.

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
But who rigged the rods? Who mosly baited the lines? Who suggested to go fishing, what to use and where to go? To avoid arguement, don't bring this up to them but instead, lean back, crack a beer and let them have bragging rights. We all know who the fisherman with the most experience was that day.

Hey.....(what's up) with that buck in the picture?:shock:

M
mudslinging79
trust me, they have been bragging bout it, im happy for her too, lol, were planning another trip soon, maybe ill have the braggin rights...

T
Throbbit _Shane
Dont feel bad. I went to the lake with my buddy and his wife yesterday, i caught 4-5 trout she got twice that or more lol. Her husband got one :D

M
mudslinging79
gonna go again tommorrow, someone elses boat.... maybe a payback, lol, either ay it will be fun

M
Mattdm22
Henry Hagg or Harriet? I was at Harriet yesterday morning and caught 2 browns and a bow. Kept the larger brown considering I have never ate a brown before and never even caught one before too. Place was PACKED! Shoulder to shoulder most of the time but it was a good day! NFR was off the hook too!

T
Thuggin4Life
Way to go!

M
Mattdm22
Here is the brown we kept. Caught on a kastmaster as shown and no we were'nt measuring the fish with a cig butt. :lol:

brown.jpg

M
mudslinging79
well, hit harriet again, and she did it again!!! had it up to the boat, was about 17 inches again, and just before we landed it, the line snapped. wont live it down.... but we went on and got some planters, it ended up 3-2, my favor. ill try to get her up there again soon so she can get another trophy

O
OnTheFly
Don't forget guys! Browns are NOT stocked at Harriet therefore making them a wild fish. Although it's nice to catch them and legal to take home, leaving them there at the lake would allow them to grow big like they were in the past. Sure would be nice to catch 20inch+ browns out of there again. Just gotta release them to make it happen.:)

G
GDBrown
mudslinging79 said:
trust me, they have been bragging bout it, im happy for her too, lol, were planning another trip soon, maybe ill have the braggin rights...

I would give anything to get my wife out fishing on a lake. She allows me time to fish but to have her there would make my day! I would gladly let her catch every fish.

Most of the time when a non-fisherperson (woman) goes fishing and takes home the bragging rights it is because they don't know how to screw it up like the rest of us do.....
they just wait patiently for the line to get tight and then pull back. Why can't I do that?

T
troutmasta
mudslinging79 said:
took the girlfriend and daughterr to hag last week, and i was outfished by both. girlfriend caught a 17 incher.... her and i were using eggs on a wedding ring, daughter had a ford fender with a ring on it, bait was eggs... trolling the deep end and we we were getting bite after bite.

My life story....

M
mudslinging79

Last edited:
M
mudslinging79
GDBrown said:
I would give anything to get my wife out fishing on a lake. She allows me time to fish but to have her there would make my day! I would gladly let her catch every fish.

Most of the time when a non-fisherperson (woman) goes fishing and takes home the bragging rights it is because they don't know how to screw it up like the rest of us do.....
they just wait patiently for the line to get tight and then pull back. Why can't I do that?

i found through experience that a lot of non fishing women like a romantic day on the lake.... bring a picnick basket and just row them around, scout a few spots... pretty soon after a few such trips, they usually dont mind if you drop a line now and then, maybe they will join in, maybe they will read, either way you csan get the other half in the boat with you eventually...

G
GDBrown
mudslinging79 said:
i found through experience that a lot of non fishing women like a romantic day on the lake.... bring a picnick basket and just row them around, scout a few spots... pretty soon after a few such trips, they usually dont mind if you drop a line now and then, maybe they will join in, maybe they will read, either way you csan get the other half in the boat with you eventually...

Great Idea! I tried that 30 years ago and she wouldn't buy it then either...... Maybe three little kids had something to do with it. I got her into the Little Blue Drifter once. She almost fell into the water trying to get out of it onto the dock out in Vernonia.