Played in the mud today!

M

Mad dog

Couldn't chose between fishing or fowling....We chose poorly! :( Had a good goose field lined up but chose fish. The river was at least 18" to 24" higher than I like it and pretty muddy! My son caught 1 bright hen and I only managed to have 1 fish hooked for about 3 headshakes! Tough day! Gonna look for birds tomorrow! Maybe fish by thursday! Maybe! :think:
001-1.jpg

G

GDBrown

Nice bright fish like that is a winner for sure. You did the right thing. Leave them foul things in the air and go fish! Fins taste better than feathers in my book.

J

jathrtn

what river were you on if you dont mind me asking?

M

Mad dog

what river were you on if you dont mind me asking?

I'm a trifle bit deaf in that ear....You'll have to ask a little louder next time! :D :lol:

I'm not very good at naming names of current fishing spots.

T

Team CF

River doesn't matter really, everything is high and muddy, there are fish in most of them. lol Technique would be the one that is more interesting. lol

M

Mad dog

River doesn't matter really, everything is high and muddy, there are fish in most of them. lol Technique would be the one that is more interesting. lol

Ha,ha.... Ya, that there boy....we don't always see eye to eye, especially when we are hunting or fishing! We fight....usually some goose hunting or steelhead fishing with a couple of rounds of boxing in the middle! I do things my way....and he see's thing differently! He caught that particular fish, fishing a corky with some yarn under a float....I didn't even break out my float rod yesterday, but he is gifted....I do believe he could catch a fish in a mud puddle in the driveway!

B

bigsteel

way to go mad dog,,your puttin a hurt on them despite the conditions

brandon4455

brandon4455

way to go dude, thats a nice fish!

F

fishfry

Always makes you feel good when you can still nail a fish in conditions like that though. Nice fish. I'm jealous I don't live closer to steelhead water, have always wanted to get one.

F

FishFiddle

Always makes you feel good when you can still nail a fish in conditions like that though. Nice fish. I'm jealous I don't live closer to steelhead water, have always wanted to get one.
How far is it over the hill to the upper Rogue or Umpqua?? Let's see, fish one day, spend the night, fish second day.....hhuummm. Addicting! Couldn't be too far.

J

jathrtn

I'm a trifle bit deaf in that ear....You'll have to ask a little louder next time! :D :lol:

I'm not very good at naming names of current fishing spots.

I guess since your probably the only person in oregon that fishies the river that you were on, and you are the only person in oregon who knows were that spot is, it would probably be a bad idea to say what river it was on!:shock:

U

Umpqua

Wow, you guys whine like a bunch of little kids during time out! :rolleyes:

Besides looking at the muddy water it is obvious that fish came out of the Amazon. Am I the only one who thinks that one fish for a couple of guys isn't red hot

Do you any of you guys actually go fishing or do you just sit on the computer in your undershorts asking guys what river they fished? ;)

Last edited: