Planning Tuesday Siuslaw fish

K
kwikfisher
How's the fishing this weekend?

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Get there early 100 plus boats from Cushman to the ramp!

M
mikeredding
Planning Tuesday Siuslaw fish

the fishing has been really slow with the warm water but should improve with this weather.
I am hoping to fish Tuesday also.

K
kwikfisher
Thanks guys, you to Roger!

M
mosd
went 4 for 6 saturday, sunday sucked.. 2 drivebys

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
mosd said:
went 4 for 6 saturday, sunday sucked.. 2 drivebys

excellent. Paul and I are going to kick OFF our 2015 salmon season tomorrow afternoon...

J
JeannaJigs
rogerdodger said:
excellent. Paul and I are going to kick OFF our 2015 salmon season tomorrow afternoon...
Good luck you guys! I'm sure you'll do well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

K
kwikfisher
Thanks Jeanna!

Thanks Jeanna!

JeannaJigs said:
Good luck you guys! I'm sure you'll do well

Picked up a nice fish at the Coast Guard station. Dropped some crab pots too, never seen so many small crabs?

C
coyo7e
Went out to rhody this morning and this afternoon, saw 5 landed as it neared high tide. Of course I forgot the box with my pink hoochies and skirted spinners, and what're those little torpedo-shaped squid spinners wwith the hoochie split into four pieces - whatever those little suckers are called (some woman at florence bi mart was tripping or maybe tweaking, trying to explain to the clerk how she put split rings onto her spinners' ends and then tied them to the line and the split ring would cut the line - very weird line of reasoning and she could not be reasoned with lol!) Half the folks who spent an hour out there at the right time went home with a fish though. Even a van full of at-risk teens with a couple counselors landed 2, one of them was the first fish the kid had ever caught. :D

Sale on blue foxes 2/$6 or 2/$7 depending on size at bi mart, until close tomorrow.

J
JeannaJigs
coyo7e said:
Went out to rhody this morning and this afternoon, saw 5 landed as it neared high tide. Of course I forgot the box with my pink hoochies and skirted spinners, and what're those little torpedo-shaped squid spinners wwith the hoochie split into four pieces - whatever those little suckers are called (some woman at florence bi mart was tripping or maybe tweaking, trying to explain to the clerk how she put split rings onto her spinners' ends and then tied them to the line and the split ring would cut the line - very weird line of reasoning and she could not be reasoned with lol!) Half the folks who spent an hour out there at the right time went home with a fish though. Even a van full of at-risk teens with a couple counselors landed 2, one of them was the first fish the kid had ever caught. :D

Sale on blue foxes 2/$6 or 2/$7 depending on size at bi mart, until close tomorrow.
Mepps flying c it sounds like. I have never purchased them but I somehow have a dozen of them. I think someone must've left them in my boat, but no one ever claimed them lol.

C
coyo7e
JeannaJigs said:
Mepps flying c it sounds like. I have never purchased them but I somehow have a dozen of them. I think someone must've left them in my boat, but no one ever claimed them lol.

They're one of the nicer casting spinners I've come across, they have plenty of weight and the form keeps them from tangling on the line too much if you sit and let them sink for a few seconds. My friend and I and the clerk at Bi Mart in florence were pretty confused by the crazy woman though - she was so upset that the split rings she was tying her line onto kept cutting the line - but those Mepps don't have a split ring on the front..!? :D

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
too many boats on the Siuslaw. and seriously folks, would everyone with a heavy fiberglass boat please understand that your boat tosses a wake that is HUGE compared to what comes from aluminum fishing boats and guide sleds. slow way down or leave much more distance between smaller boats and kayaks!

between holding on with both hands during giant boat wakes, we released a nice wild coho and took home a shiny nook...cheers, roger

R
rippin fish lips
Too many boats... LOL. That's what happens when the system you like to fish gets blown up on the internet more then ever before. That's a shiny nooker though. Cut Deep RED?

jamisonace
jamisonace
I couldn't agree more about the wake issue Roger. The Siuslaw is becoming "Winchester Bay North" with the crowds and complete disrespect for smaller craft.

Reactions: Flyinfish57
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
rippin fish lips said:
Too many boats... LOL. That's what happens when the system you like to fish gets blown up on the internet more then ever before. That's a shiny nooker though. Cut Deep RED?

oh yeah...

jamisonace said:
I couldn't agree more about the wake issue Roger. The Siuslaw is becoming "Winchester Bay North" with the crowds and complete disrespect for smaller craft.

that is exactly how I would describe it this year...

C
chad wiest
As someone who used to have a little boat and fished the slaw in the wakes, all I can say is that you have to deal with it or find some water that isn't as crowded. The 29 hole and above cushman have fish on incoming and are not washing machine waters. Check em out and get away from the crowds. I doubt it will change until the fishing takes a downturn. All you can do is try to stay in your happy place. All of our productive fisheries are crowded in some areas.

Reactions: Flyinfish57
S
steelhead_stalkers
As someone who is in a small boat most of the time I wish all boats would not slow down. Slowing down to a crawl turns your fishing boat into a wake board boat. This slow, no wake around Cushman is a joke!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
steelhead_stalkers said:
As someone who is in a small boat most of the time I wish all boats would not slow down. Slowing down to a crawl turns your fishing boat into a wake board boat. This slow, no wake around Cushman is a joke!

the problem is that some boats, especially the heavier fiberglass ones and some of the larger jet boats, make a huge wake going fast or slow. so the owners of these heavy boats see the lighter aluminum outboard sleds zipping along at higher speed, not making much of a wake, near people fishing and think 'hey, it's OK for me to do that also"...