Planning a get toghether

brandon4455
brandon4455
hey everyone, i noticed winter steelhead going over willamette falls is starting to get into the 400's so im wanting to plan a get together fishing trip on the willamette in early jan. i'd like atleast 10 people to make it.
does anyone want to do this? it will be a great way to get to know some new people and have a good time let me know if you have any suggestions or anything. or if you think a different river will be better to do this on . thanks,

brandon

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
whoever knows they can make it let me know ill make a list of names.

Last edited:
E
Eastcoastborn
I can go if it is on a weekend. I work M-F....

brandon4455
brandon4455
i will definitely have it o a weekend, it has to be a day everyone has off so it's fair

C
capblack
theres 673 winters over as of the 10th. just be careful with the fish if you decide to fish there, im not positive, but i dont think theres any hatchery fish above willamette falls, so there all nates. (c and r ). somebody please correct me if Im wrong. Brian

brandon4455
brandon4455
capblack said:
theres 673 winters over as of the 10th. just be careful with the fish if you decide to fish there, im not positive, but i dont think theres any hatchery fish above willamette falls, so there all nates. (c and r ). somebody please correct me if Im wrong. Brian

yup,they are all nates. thanks i forgot to mention it's c&r only

R
rippin fish lips
Good posibility i would be able to make it, i should be working in the next week or so, we will have to PM eachother and keep eachother updated, as for i will be trying to get as many hours in as i can.

RFL

brandon4455
brandon4455
right on theres another.. ill send ya a pm when the time gets close,, have any ideas of good spots? im either thinking somwhere in the salem area or the social security hole,,maybe even the 1-5 bridge on the santiam.

R
rippin fish lips
i dont have any ideas, as it will be all new water to me.

brandon4455
brandon4455
i see, well i know a few decent spots with enoug bank access for atleast 7 people but most of the spots are plunking, i'd rather have places where we cab throw more then a big hunk of lead at em. i say 1-5 bridge at santiam. :p thats where almost all of the upper willamette steelhead go well,,the winter run anyways, and a few hundred to small streams that have an endangered native run of fish.

S
Spydeyrch
Do you know when you are planning to have this get-together? I might be able to go but it depends on when. :)

-Spydey

W
waco
yeah!!!! when???

brandon4455
brandon4455
it will be early jan after new years,, like the second weekend of jan. everyone let me know best time for you and the best time will be when we go. i want it to be where most of use can make it.

18406ej
18406ej
I'd be interested to go along as well- I need to pick up all of the tips I can get

brandon4455
brandon4455
ill give you all the tips i have to offer, if you are gunna fish bring a rod thts atleast 7ft medium action ;)

D
dud3r
I'd like to go. Just drop me a PM.

brandon4455
brandon4455
R
rippin fish lips
brandon4455 said:
ill give you all the tips i have to offer, if you are gunna fish bring a rod thts atleast 7ft medium action ;)

I got a 6'6" medium ultra light action abu garcia rod! :D