Places in town Tigard/Portland

D
dangerranger
OK so Im on vacation from that evil we call work this week and am probably gonna do some fishing. I was planning on driving the mile away and hittin the tualatin but im kinda burnt out on it. Theres a couple lakes/ponds around Ive always wondered about and maybe yall can help me some. So theres the pond in beaverton where murray and scholls ferry come together, Ive heard of fish being in there. Then theres the lake at Summer Lake park in beaverton.... I found a lake on google called crystal lake its behind costco in tigard, and theres a pond next to 217 if your going south on the right right after you go past the hwy 99 exit. So i dont know if any of these have fish in them but if any of yall maybe have some secret info you just can't hold in anymore... id listen lol thanks all and keep them lines tight

T
The Nothing
dangerranger said:
. So theres the pond in beaverton where murray and scholls ferry come together, Ive heard of fish being in there.

Looks like carp city to me. who knows though, there might be something. There's also a pond across the street

dangerranger said:
Then theres the lake at Summer Lake park in beaverton....

This looks to have better access and more cover than the first one. and don't overlook Windmill right next too it

dangerranger said:
I found a lake on google called crystal lake its behind costco in tigard

looks like it'll be tough to get into

dangerranger said:
and theres a pond next to 217 if your going south on the right right after you go past the hwy 99 exit.

I've eyeballed that one while driving by before.

if you've got the time to do it, go for it! I know i'd love to grab my small kayak and give a couple of those a shot. with the temps up, the water will be hot and the bite might be tough. focus on shady areas, and possible water inlets. Incoming water will usually be cooler and more oxygenated, and bass will be targeting those types of features

B
beaverfan
The pond by murray and scholls has carp in it. Summerlake isn't open to fishing and the last two I believe are on private property so you'll need to secure permission from the land owners.

C
ChezJfrey
I live near that area.

The pond near Murray/Scholls Ferry, with the fountains, appears to be more for aesthetic purposes of the mall; I'd be surprised if there are any fish other than the random 'pets' that people may have let loose in there.

And a small correction to beaverfan's post that stated that Summer Lake doesn't allow fishing. I have walked that park with my kids and the NE corner of the east-most lake area is (or at least was last summer) a designated fishing spot (see the map here: City of Tigard > Community > Parks > Summerlake Park The NE corner of the area East of the foot bridge that separates the two larger water bodies). At the time I last visited, there were posted signs for the fishing area and I'm pretty sure that the 'No fishing' rule was only applicable outside that designated area. I also remember seeing some 12"+ inch carp swimming the channel under the footbridge...I don't know what else resides in that water.

Don't know anything about that pond on the West side of 217, or about Crystal Lake, though like you, I have also seen a web page that indicated something about fishing for it...though beaverfan may indeed be correct about that area being private property.

B
beaverfan
Hmm they must have started allowing some fishing. When I went and checked it out 3 or 4 years ago there were signs posted all over saying no fishing.

T
troutzyk
look up Commonwealth lake park...off cedar hills in beaverton..has stockies, and some other warm water fish

W
wozniasm
Have you thought of Commonwealth Lake? It's near Walker and Cedar Hills in Beaverton.
They stock earlier in the year but no longer due to the water temp but there should be holdovers.
Commonwealth Lake Park - Google Maps

B
beaverfan
There are some Carp, Bluegill and Bass in there but I doubt there are any trout in that 80 degree water. Commonwealth is only about 4 feet deep and very very few if any holdovers make it through the summer. I was there about a week ago for an hour or two to kill some time and the only fish I saw was about a 10lb koi.

T
troutzyk
agree with Beav...trout probably long gone..just drown some worms and see what bites...but keep it in mind for spring stockies

B
beaverfan
Ya it's a great place to go catch some trout in the spring! I've caught some real nice fish out of there!

Oh I'll also add they have Bullhead catfish in there, go there just before dark to catch those.

Last edited:
D
dangerranger
Ive fished commonwelth once and didn't catch anythin0f? were's the best spot... I was fishin off the dock right at the head of the lake... I dont know if thats the best spot or not

D
dangerranger
beaverfan said:
The pond by murray and scholls has carp in it. Summerlake isn't open to fishing and the last two I believe are on private property so you'll need to secure permission from the land owners.

what do ya use to catch the carp? Just worms?

B
beaverfan
mostly breadballs but worms will probably work too. if you go to the murray pond prepare to looked at funny! LOL

C
ChezJfrey
beaverfan said:
if you go to the murray pond prepare to looked at funny! LOL

LOL! I agree...I don't think I've ever seen anyone with a pole out there :) Though, with the fountains and nice lawn, it would probably be a relaxing and pleasant time...well, except for the constant flow of auto traffic ;).

B
beaverfan
I have fished there myself for about 15 min. but I have seen numerous people fishing there and know of at least one other member here who has fished it too. so people do occasionally fish it. There's some really big Carp in there though!

F
fishcrappie
Commonwealth Lake is controlled by Taulatin Parks and except for stocked trout they refuse to allow warm water fish. They have delusions that salmaon and steelhead will make their way up the creek. To damn warm.. The Oregon Bass and Panfish stocked the lake with crappie, bluegill and bass but the parks people pull the boards and run the fish down the creek. Use to have big catfish and foot long crappie, we put bass to 6#s in there 3-4 years ago but they got caught out and we haven't tried to stock it since the park people are against warm water fish. We did stock Bethany pond off 185th, weeds up but has bass and bluegill.

Top Bottom