Pink Worm!

A
autofisher
Headed up to a spot with Fluffy, and Bigsteel this morning. Got there about 8 this morning and started drifting a pink worm since I've had some recent luck with those. About 8:30 I cast to the far seam and WHAM! Fish On! At first I thought it was a trout since where we were had some decent sized trout, but then it came closer and SKIDOOSH outta the water. There was a couple of tense moments when it decided it wanted to run around Bigsteel's legs, but we landed it just fine.

06-23-10.jpg

I do have to admit though, Fluffy gets the fish of the day. He got hammered by the spunkiest trout I think I've ever seen. I would've sworn it was a steelhead. Ended up being a NICE 18 incher that did 3 foot acrobatics....... LilSalmon joined us later and we all ended up getting into something....trout, steelhead.....Bigsteel got hammered a couple of times by some nice steel.....

N
nwkiller
nice job man, looks like the curse is gone for sure!!!!

F
FishAssassin
Nice one! How long of a pink worm were you using?

B
beaverfan
Nice fish, too bad YOU caught it! LOL

A
autofisher
FishAssassin said:
Nice one! How long of a pink worm were you using?

About 4 inches.... 8lb leader

C
Cohosanders
There you go skidooshing again:lol: Sweet looking water , fish and day out there. Sounds like a mini OFF gathering:D Great to hear everyone getting something.

troutdude
troutdude
Kodiak said:
Nice fish! Get a hat..your aging moosenuckle head just can't take the sun like that! Can you make a yarn that color for me though?

Kodiak, just grab your scissors and when Auto aint' looking...you'll have what you're after! LOL :lol::lol::lol:

M
mgdguy
That's a nice one! I need to try the pink worm again :)

A
autofisher
I won't lie.... I had all but given up on the pink worm.... but it's been pretty consistant for me lately.

And yes Kodiak, I can make a color of yarn like that..... and since you're such a great guy.... I'll only charge you $9 a foot. :lol:

H
halibuthitman
I love the pink worm, you should try a pink bunny leech ON YOUR FLYROD! can you book me for all day monday...? I must fish this magic secret water of yours... seriously, monday, around 4;50 in the morning, I just got a case of rockstar at costco...

S
Specialed
Nice fish man-What size hook were you using?
autofisher said:
About 4 inches.... 8lb leader

M
Mike123
Nice job Mike! You using a jig head or just driftin it?

A
autofisher
Just drifting it...with about a size 2 hook and pencil lead.

M
metalfisher76
Can I bum a can of Rockstar, HHM??
Noyce fish Mike!!
Why where ya tryin to knock his fish off Dave?? hehe

A
autofisher
HAHAH He didn't have a choice.... He was standing in a pool 6 feet behind me and the fish came in there..... saw that it was Biff Steel (extreme fisherman) and it ran straight at him. It was all good. It was a great time.

O
Outdoor_Myers
seems like you guys in salem have more access to fish who like to bite than us other valley people :p awesome fish you guys are my heroes without your pictures of beautiful fish i think i would have gone crazy by now lol

L
lilsalmon
That is a beautiful specimen....I could't quit lookin at it......awesome....I gave up on the gear and found me a little spot with a nice caddis and successfully went after trout.....you know what they say...once you've had fly...............(have no idea what they say I just thought it sounded good).

Sucks I lost my dry fly box........gotta nymph it till I get a job......hehe

Again, great job guys....sorry I missed all the action

B
bigsteel
that was an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i got five trout,,,,,and 2 nice solid steelhead hookups the first came out of the water jumping and spit my hook,,,,the second one just lit me up and broke me off but it was an awesome feeling on the fly rod........the first one took a prince nymph was insane size14 didn't stand a chance on him...

that dam fish mike caught came runnin at me and twisted around my legs,,,so i got the hell out the way...he had me tail it which turned into jumping on it like a grenade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
autofisher
bigsteel said:
that dam fish mike caught came runnin at me and twisted around my legs,,,so i got the hell out the way...he had me tail it which turned into jumping on it like a grenade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See? Biff Steel, extreme fisherman. GRENADE! :lol:

M
Mike123
bigsteel said:
that was an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i got five trout,,,,,and 2 nice solid steelhead hookups the first came out of the water jumping and spit my hook,,,,the second one just lit me up and broke me off but it was an awesome feeling on the fly rod........the first one took a prince nymph was insane size14 didn't stand a chance on him...

So that guide of ours was right! Steelies love the Prince nymph!