Piggly pair

N

nwkiller

went down to a local pond today, couldnt resist a cloudy muggy day for some bass....perfect......except the ponds were a little high and murky but an ok color. Seen carp trailing the bank so where there is fish...there is fish. so i jigged around for a while few guys near me but they werent catching anything....being that i was hitting blue gil and a few bass right near a drain pipethe other day, i walked toward the one near the spot....i could see decently in the area so i new that i could jig some plastis nicley in there...threw on a green gamagatsu 4 inch worm with a 1/4 jig head, threw out 15 ft jigged slow with the murky water. suddenly my line moving to the right rapidly, didn't even feel the bite. thinking to myself if shes got in her mouth all the way or not...set the hook..fish on! fought her out for about ten minutes in and out of the drain pipe and back ito the open . the first time i got to see her, she came up sideways and had her chaser mate right behind her..he was descent size as well...one fish at a time...hands down the best fight iv got from a large mouth in a long time!!!..got her in..quickly weighed her and back she went...digital read 4.7......
booya.jpg
Done with her i went for her boyfriend, hoping that she wouldnt push him away from my lure....after about 4 jigs, i said to myself "where you be?" and there goes my line, but not as much this time, almost like a crappie bite.....set the hook.....thats him, got another good fight that sent me home happy....
booya2.jpg
didn't need to weigh him, new he was smaller and wanted him bak in the water...we are getting good at the quick 2 second pic and back in the water, they always swim away happy:D

E

everett464

Nice Bass man, I am gonna get into some bass one of these days.

N

nwkiller

thanks guys, td just go down to the bass ponds theres lots o bass out right now, maybe not good in the rain, but the week should be lookin better

M

Mike123

Good lookin bass!
It's gonna have to get warm for me to give up on salmon and steel and start chasing bass!
I do enjoy watching those things crush top water baits though on an early summer morning!

N

nwkiller

i really like catchin different fish every outing.. bass top water is def the best! and i been gettin skunked on the steelhead, got three springers ... small mouth is the next target

M

Mike123

i really like catchin different fish every outing.. bass top water is def the best! and i been gettin skunked on the steelhead, got three springers ... small mouth is the next target

Yea man that's one fish I haven't caught is a smallie! My buddy used to do tourny's for them so Ima try to talk him into gettin out on the Willy and Columbia to try and catch some.

N

nwkiller

man, ur not fr from the smallie capitol, the umpqua is rediculous! soon s it drops it will be 20 day for srue with some nice healthy sun fish

T

the_intimidator03

man, ur not fr from the smallie capitol, the umpqua is rediculous! soon s it drops it will be 20 day for srue with some nice healthy sun fish

Personally im not impressed with the umpqua smallmouth fishery MAINLY cause the fish i have found have not been quality... quanity yes but the size is lacking for me. Guess im spoiled by 15-20" smallies being common on the columbia where i used to go LOL

T

TTFishon

went down to a local pond today, couldnt resist a cloudy muggy day for some bass....perfect......except the ponds were a little high and murky but an ok color. Seen carp trailing the bank so where there is fish...there is fish. so i jigged around for a while few guys near me but they werent catching anything....being that i was hitting blue gil and a few bass right near a drain pipethe other day, i walked toward the one near the spot....i could see decently in the area so i new that i could jig some plastis nicley in there...threw on a green gamagatsu 4 inch worm with a 1/4 jig head, threw out 15 ft jigged slow with the murky water. suddenly my line moving to the right rapidly, didn't even feel the bite. thinking to myself if shes got in her mouth all the way or not...set the hook..fish on! fought her out for about ten minutes in and out of the drain pipe and back ito the open . the first time i got to see her, she came up sideways and had her chaser mate right behind her..he was descent size as well...one fish at a time...hands down the best fight iv got from a large mouth in a long time!!!..got her in..quickly weighed her and back she went...digital read 4.7......
booya.jpg
Done with her i went for her boyfriend, hoping that she wouldnt push him away from my lure....after about 4 jigs, i said to myself "where you be?" and there goes my line, but not as much this time, almost like a crappie bite.....set the hook.....thats him, got another good fight that sent me home happy....
booya2.jpg
didn't need to weigh him, new he was smaller and wanted him bak in the water...we are getting good at the quick 2 second pic and back in the water, they always swim away happy:D

Beautiful fish man!!! Can I name that spot? Yes I can. Will I? No.:lol: Great job!!!

N

nwkiller

thanks TT i know you can name it but i also know u wont cause i know u love that spot too