PIG at Lost Lake

T
troutmasta
So Beaverfan, my buddy Steve (smartin9 , a lurker) and I hit lost lake off 26 today. Tons of fish all in the 3-5in range. Oh yeah and a few of these too....:shock: Got this Hawg on a sand shrimp 4 feet under a 3/8 ounce bobber with 1/4 ounce of weight. And being the C&R fisherman I am, I bashed it with a rock, :shock: pulled his guts out:shock: and now I'm going to smoke it:D Plus I got the little guy on a sponge bob bobber beaver fan found.(you can see sponge bobs face on the bobber) I did let the little guys go though, just didn't want to pick out all the bones:lol:

Send Smartin9 some PM's. He's a little shy and I want to get him involved on the forum. (hes under my friend list)

Forgot to mention the baby batter that he left every where. ewwww.

Last edited:
R
rainbowfisherman
GREAT FISH! Really good color on it!

H
halibuthitman
GET SOME!!!! love that lake.

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds like you guys had a good day on the water. I am curious how the better shape brooders smoke up?

C
Cohosanders
Nice fish:clap::lol:Nice shirt too:lol:......I gotta get a sponge bob bobber for my daughter. She's got a sponge bob fishing pole with plankton as the bait:lol: I have not fished a lake in years....Better get out there. Congrats on the fish and its quick demise:dance:

T
troutmasta
Thuggin4Life said:
Sounds like you guys had a good day on the water. I am curious how the better shape brooders smoke up?

We'll find out! I'll give to the ladys dad He'll eat anything! I bet it'll be bomb though if you like smoke :cool:and fish;).

T
troutmasta
Cohosanders said:
Nice fish:clap::lol:Nice shirt too:lol:......I gotta get a sponge bob bobber for my daughter. She's got a sponge bob fishing pole with plankton as the bait:lol: I have not fished a lake in years....Better get out there. Congrats on the fish and its quick demise:dance:
I kept the bobber. Its yours if ever bump into each other. It works. It found out....... who lives in a lost lake under a tree!!!.....DEAD- A$$- BROODERS!...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ha ha ha ha ha ha. sick sense of humor.

p/s to those of you who dont watch sponge bob dont try to 'get it'

Last edited:
M
mgdguy
That's a beauty! Let us know how it smokes

B
beaverfan
Ok now for the story about the drive out! When leaving the parking lot of Lost Lake you can either go left which is the way I'm sure 90% of the people go or you can go right to explore and see how the GPS will tell us to get out of there. Troutmasta drove his Jetta instead of the usual Land Rover. We wind around the hills for a while then start to go downhill. The GPS starts acting all funky and then pretty much ceases to be of any benefit to us other than to tell us the time. We start bottoming out on the hump in the road so were like dang we need to start working out. We end up on this little dinky road at the bottom of a gulch following a nice stream. We come to this little bridge that according to Troutmasta looked like it hadn't been crossed in 13 years. Now the GPS has started working again and tells us to go across the bridge and through some field that has been set up kinda like a park. So Troutmasta's buddy walks across the field to make sure we won't get stuck and end up like James Kim. He tells us it's clear and there's a road on the other side. We drive down the road a ways and pass a fence, we look back at the signs on the fence and see no trespassing. After about another 10 or 15 min we finally get out to 26 and on our way. Wish we woulda got us driving through the field on video, it would have been classic!

T
troutmasta
What about the hole we found?

B
beaverfan
I almost mentioned it but it's a secret ssssshhhh. J/k we found a great hole on the Nehalem too! Love that river, wish it had hatchery Steelhead up above the falls but still awesome!

G
GDBrown
Lost lake is one of my favorite places to take my little drift boat. It is so much quieter than Walter Worth were I went for the first time yesterday. Maybe I should have gone west instead of south! Great looking fish guys, glad you had a nice day in the woods. Bye the way to get out going the other way (not down the Nehalem) is to follow the most heavily travel road. I cheated the first time I went that way and followed someone who knew the way and made a track on my Garmin GPS so I could backtrack it to get back in. Maybe I'll try going there in the mud and rain tomorrow.

GD

T
Throbbit _Shane
Sounds like yall had a great time!!

Cool pictures and nice brooder.

B
beaverfan
hahaha we tried the following the most used road. There was a fork and I was like well the road to the left looks more traveled so we went left and about 1/4 mile down the road it turned into a road that hadn't seen a car in ages.

It is a really nice lake though, was really hoping for a nice holdover but nope.

G
GDBrown
beaverfan said:
hahaha we tried the following the most used road. There was a fork and I was like well the road to the left looks more traveled so we went left and about 1/4 mile down the road it turned into a road that hadn't seen a car in ages.

It is a really nice lake though, was really hoping for a nice holdover but nope.

I made that same left turn and only when 1/8 mile before turning around.....LOL

B
beaverfan
GDBrown said:
Maybe I'll try going there in the mud and rain tomorrow.

GD

If you want some company up there tomorrow I'll split gas with ya and bring ya lunch and snacks.

F
fishtales
Great looking fish! I was u p there this last weekend. If you stick to the main you should be able to get out of there going the other way. You are right there are two forks real close together that can get confusing. If you do make it out you end up about a mile from the rest area ion 26.

Good looking Fish!!

B
bigsteel
NIce fish there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O
OnTheFly
Gotta love those GPS's. Recent story was about two ladies who got lost or stuck by going down some nasty dirt road the GPS 'Told' them to go down.

Is this the Lost lake up out of Lolo Pass road off of 26? The one with the store and boats?

B
beaverfan
Nope this one's off of hwy. 26 too but in the coast range, just above the Spruce Run Campground on the Nehalem.