Pick you favorite lures from this selection

M

mrlindeman

lures.png
So we have spinners, slabs, and bells. Lets here the favorites you like... and why.. and for what territory and species...GO!:shock:

N

natro

Well, I'd say my favorite lures out of what you have there would have to start with the spoon on the bottom left side for steelhead and trout, used where ever, in rivers or lakes. Next would be those spinners that look like they have a little fish head there on the upper right hand side. They are a Blue Fox brand if I'm not mistaken. I've done real well with those for trout. I just bought a pack of those for 6 bucks a few days ago. The Kastmasters are good in my opinion for trout, but i've only done well with them in rivers, never had much luck in lakes or ponds. I used to be a big fan of Rooster Tails, but not so much anymore. Just for the reason that it seems you have to give them a little jerk when they hit the water to try to get the blade spinning. Even then though it's a guess if they'll actually spin. I've only tried a plug for trout and steelhead and salmon a few times, with no luck that I can remember. I've had decent success with panther martins and Blue Fox spinners with trout in rivers and lakes.

troutdude

troutdude

It's a little hard to see...but, if that Rooster Tail on the right side and lower left bottom corner also has green and yellow on the body...it's by FAR the deadliest spinner I've known for trout. On one occasion, I C & R'd 35 trout in one day.

And I vote w/ Natro on the far bottom left brass colored Steelie wobbler. Deadly on steelhead and trout in the right conditions.

Plus, I always carry the two Kastmasters in the top right hand corner. They don't always work. But, they have produced on days, when nothing else did!

SIDE BAR: Original Rooster Tails were designed for fast water fishing. Yakima Bait Company, recently send me some NEW Rooster's to beta test. I was told that they were designed for slow or slack water conditions. My preliminary findings are, that the blades do not spin any better than the old style.

Last edited:
B

Born2Fish55

My preference would be the three Blue Fox spinners, the size #3 for Steelhead and Searun Cutts, the smaller one for Trout. Colors would have me targeting smaller waters along the Coast, but they would also work in bigger waters like the Deschutes as well (p.s. I replace all of my trebles with barbless Siwash in the blood red color, hookups are still good and allows easy C & R).

L

loubob

I have all of these and have had for 50 years!
My favorite is not there! Superduper and Huslure for planters in lakes.
I have some old school Rooster Tails, that actually work. I still use
the Hus or Super!
Casting those Kastmasters are fun for jacks!

T

Throbbit _Shane

My favorites would be the 2 bottom spoons and the bluefox spinners. But try them all! if one isn't working try a different one.

M

michigan_transplant

great post.

gotta say that my fav and first go to out of these is a kastmaster. i love you can bomb it a country mile and i've had it produce nicely on days. this is just for trout though

for salmon or steelhead im a blue fox guy. i like the feel of them and theyre easy to use. i'll pick up any spinner if its cheap though. if it gets in front of their face and pisses them off to a bite its fine by me.

brandon4455

brandon4455

in this order: rainbow colored rooster tail because it can catch fish is almost any condition and kills tidewater searuns . ive caught nice cutthroat in a very small stream up near val setz on a 1/6 one of them. and then the brown rooster tail because its a good option for clear water with low flows during mi to late summer. and the famous blue fox for searun cutts in upper tidewater and for salmon.orange kastmaster and blue kastmaster for trout and bass in lakes and ponds or steelhead stocked in lakes and ponds. t

M

mrlindeman

I have only caught a few on the silver and blue kastmaster and the bronzish kastmaster. All others have failed me over the years using every method known im sure. I rarely ever use them at all due to them never being a good producer for me. now I just carry them around when I fish.

B

Brown trout bagger

well, rooster tails for most rainbow, but you need good plugs to catch browns, especially trophy size browns.

on a different not, i am new here. how and where do i introduce myself? under announce thread?

H

halibuthitman

I don't see any of my favorite lures in the line-up... if I had to fish the tackle in question the hammered spoon, the yellow vibrex and the red roostertail would probably get the most use.... the castmasters are worth something at the recycle center im sure-

R

rippin fish lips

-blue fox spinners for salmon/steel/trout in both rivers and lakes ponds.
-rooster tails/castmaster for trout in ponds and lakes.
-spoons for steel/salmon/steelhead in rivers and lakes and ponds.
-can't forget about the all mighty panther martins!!!

Last edited: