Yellow perch fishing

plumbertom
plumbertom
Cohobolo said:
Worms on a #4 gamakatsu bait holder. 68 feet deep. The largest ones were 10 to 10 1/2. I missed or lost three for every one I brought in. Gorgeous day, no wind most of the time and 55 degrees.
Wait. 68 Feet Deep?
All the charts I find say Woahink Lake is 25 feet at it's deepest.
I would surely like to harvest some perch in the 10 inch size range but all I've managed in my few attempts is 5''-6'' fish.

jamisonace
jamisonace
plumbertom said:
Wait. 68 Feet Deep?
All the charts I find say Woahink Lake is 25 feet at it's deepest.
I would surely like to harvest some perch in the 10 inch size range but all I've managed in my few attempts is 5''-6'' fish.

I saw something that said it gets as deep as 74' but couldn't find the spot on a map.

C_Run
C_Run
The map on page 22 of Pete Heley's Oregon Coast Fishing Maps shows a couple of 60' contour lines.

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Charts have always been something I use a lot, and something I never take as gospel.

I’ve found some significant features that weren’t on any charts, and real time observations don’t always agree with the chart.

I always trusted my plotter more than my paper, if that makes sense.

C
Cohobolo
I graphed depths to 74 feet and found biting perch at 68 feet. Their bladders were full of air and eyes bugged out when I reeled them up.

Reactions: plumbertom
D
DonF
I wouldn't mind finding some perch somewhere here in Centraal Ore. Only perch I ever caught was as a kid in Boy Scout camp back east and ice fishing near kalispell, Montana. Read about them but seems they are not close to Central Ore.

Reactions: plumbertom