Perch

M

mosd

i know its early, but wheres some good places to perch fish? triangle lake has em but there few and far between. any good lakes on the coast?

N

nwkiller

siltcoos has some decent perch

T

Thuggin4Life

I second that. seen them fish for them when I am out for silvers and looked like they were doing good. Also they have a derby every year for perch so you know what that means. and have caught them trolling for silvers so you know they will bite. Good Luck if you head there. Just be sure not to fish downsteam from the 101 bridge if you hit the river. Good looking warm water fish looking waters. Oh and definantly don't cast at the fish ladder even if you are after perch.

N

nwkiller

they hav a perch tourney? when is that?

M

mosd

ive fished siltcoos b4 for perch yrs ago. but heard here as of lately that all the brants on the lake are eating all the perch and that there few an far between. does anyone know if takinitch lake has any perch? i know ten mile has em but thats too long a drive for me for one day

troutdude

troutdude

Went to Siltcoos with my dad an uncle, about 20 years ago. We knocked the perch dead all weekend!

But, I don't know how it is these days. Might be worth a try though.

There are also lots of perch (and trout), in Big Creek Reservoir #2 in Newport. When I fished there a couple of years ago, there were TONS of them. But, they were pretty small (6" - 8"). I'd bet that they're bigger now.

M

mosd

Went to Siltcoos with my dad an uncle, about 20 years ago. We knocked the perch dead all weekend!

But, I don't know how it is these days. Might be worth a try though.

There are also lots of perch (and trout), in Big Creek Reservoir #2 in Newport. When I fished there a couple of years ago, there were TONS of them. But, they were pretty small (6" - 8"). I'd bet that they're bigger now.

Big Creek Reservoir #2? huh, wheres that at? north, south, east of newport? so i can google earth it

troutdude

troutdude

Big Creek #2 is one of my favorite trout haunts! It's one of two water reservoirs on the north end of town.

You drive north and just past the turn for WalMart, you turn right. I think it is 35th street. Go about 3 or 4 blocks and you arrive at the water treatment plant. Turn left there, and follow that road PAST the first reservoir (too weedy there anyway, but there are bass in there). Go about another mile and wham! There is an unimproved boat launch. Good luck.

P.S. I'd be happy to show you how to get there sometime. And it's been stocked this week with trout! (Trick: worm tipped wedding rings or Chartruese power bait).

Here's a map

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=N...de=44.636902&longitude=-124.0522&geocode=CITY

Last edited: