People do amazing things!!!

S
SALTYFISH
So i haven't been fishing in about a week. So i decided to get out beautiful day like 75deg not 100 lol. So im off first couple spots had people there so i opted to move on , not being one to fish crowded spots ,and my respect for not pushing in on other people. So i get to a spot no one there sweet this is guna be nice and relaxing:lol:. got to fish for maybe 10 min then here comes 2guys :(. So i said nothing then these guys come and stand right F---ing next to me :mad::mad: then i turn around to rebait and they move right were i was standing now they are in between me and the river :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.So i said ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS , no response they look at each other and start talking in a different language that i don't understand :naughty::naughty:. Then i said in a loud stern voice HELLO I KNOW U CAN HEAR ME ARE U F___ING SERIOUS I WAAS FISHING RIGHT HERE U GUYS HAVE THE WHOLE F___ING RIVER TO FISH AND U COME STAND IN MY A$$ NOT COOL:mad::mad:

S
SALTYFISH
He says this is our favorite spot to fish and if we don't tangle then whats the problem , i said its called respect for other people and u dont have any . So basically they pushed me out and ruined my day . Does any body have any suggestions how to deal with these people aside from kicking A$$ and throwing them in the river ..

M
mgdguy
Don't leave us hanging - did they move??!!

H
halibuthitman
I generally wade out as far as I can into the best part of the drift and start fishing again... this usally blows their mind... but they leave, and the funny thing about steelhead.. in ten minutes they will forget they were spooked and you will be back to square one. You can also pick up the biggest rock you can find and just smash it into the run... same results will ensue.

T
Troutier Bassier
Whats wrong with kicking butt and throwing them in the river??

Admin
Admin
Troutier Bassier said:
Whats wrong with kicking butt and throwing them in the river??
Live another 20 years and the answer will come to you ;)

N
ninja2010
Anatoliy said:

well said... :clap::clap::clap:

B
bigdog
Anatoliy said:

That nails it on the head.

N
nwkiller
wow, the nerve of some people, ive never had it that bad, once up at cougar res. where the river dumps in is an amazing fishing spot ...we were there about an hour, we startedwith only enough room for about 5 people. well we got out there nice n early started disecting what the fish wanted when here comes this "ski" bout who motors right through the hole and parks on the otherside not 20 ft away and says "oh....are u guys fishing here?" we just stared....after the amazing indepth conversation we just had he snags my friends line right away...this guy is not moving, he's staying right whre he is...pretty much over the hole, little does he know.....us "bankies" began making comments to eachother in his honor loud enough for everyone to hear....EXAMPLE: "if i was in my boat..in a lake..." and "if that guy pulled alittle to the left, i could probably prod him with rod tip".....or "gosh i would feel bad if i made that cast i did alittle bit ago"........ pretty much its hard not to say something, but a fight over a spot, then ud be "that guy"......"that guy" with his own spot!!!!...lol....j/k hugs not,....curbstomps

S
SALTYFISH
Well I did not kick butt, so I guess that means I already have lived the 20 extra years. And beside I don't think in 20 years I will fell any differently about people like that.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Is this what makes grumpy old fisher people or " that guy " ??

G
GDBrown
OR......You can do it the easy way..... Call the police and say you saw these guys snagging fish and couldn't convince them it was illegal! Then give the authorities the guys license plate number if you can get it. Worked great for me. Never saw them on the river again.

GD

M
Metz84
I would have accidently made their tackle/gear fall into the river. It always seems to get them moving.:cool:

E
eggs
go 10 feet upriver of them.... long line them.. when you tangle.. reel in and cut their line and cast yours back out.. move back into your spot when they re-rig... they say something speak in jibberish with a confused look on your face..

F
fishingfreak
Eggs I Took my Nephew to a spot this morning had 3 guys show at noon and did the same thing. I told them the hole was to small for 5 people and they laughed at me and kept fishing. I know the hole well so I floated some eggs and hooked a 10lber and yelled fish on they would not pull there lines in. I knew i could turn the fish anyway I wanted to so I turned it and tangled there line. I pulled the fish in bonked it cut there line and talked to the biggest guy and explained that I am a nice guy, would show him how to catch fish there if they would move and come back. When he talked to me I could smell the Alcohol, the weed, and see his gun in the small of his back. I told him I can see your gun , smell the alcohol, and you look stoned. Please lets save some embarrasement and they packed up and left. couple hrs later they came back no gun, weed, or booze, seen the 4 fish on the bank and politely asked how to catch some Nooks. I gave him some of my eggs, lowered his bobber stop and 10 minutes later fish on. They Thanked me and we left with our limit. Believe me I wanted bonk him not the fish. But it all worked out and we had a great day. It sucks it happens way to often. Good luck with the peopls though its tough not to go off on them.

LA

S
SALTYFISH
GDBrown said:
OR......You can do it the easy way..... Call the police and say you saw these guys snagging fish and couldn't convince them it was illegal! Then give the authorities the guys license plate number if you can get it. Worked great for me. Never saw them on the river again.

GD
This is a great idea

S
SALTYFISH
eggs said:
go 10 feet upriver of them.... long line them.. when you tangle.. reel in and cut their line and cast yours back out.. move back into your spot when they re-rig... they say something speak in jibberish with a confused look on your face..

This is a great idea to.

S
SALTYFISH
It all works out in the end, went back today no body there = great times

F
fishingfreak
Beautiful fish! Great job man!:dance::clap::dance::clap: