People are always asking so here is the scoop

Q
qwapaw
We will be at Diamond Lake Aug 28th-Aug31st. We will be in a Koeffler Drift boat with a red on the top part of the sides and a black stripe. If you see us, please say hi. This is the scoop from the reort as of today. Hope it helps answer questions. Yes, bring bug repellent if you come.

DIAMOND LAKE FISHING REPORT

August 4th, 2010

THE ALGAE ADVISORY IS LIFTED, THE WEATHER IS PERFECT, & THE FISH ARE BITING !

THE ALGAE ADVISORY WAS LIFTED ON TUESDAY, AUGUST 3RD. IF YOU WILL PARDON THE PUN, THE LAKE IS "SPARKLING LIKE A DIAMOND" AND SAFE FOR BOATING, SWIMMING, FISHING, AND EATING THE TROUT.

COME AND ENJOY!

The trout producing machine of Diamond Lake is in high gear. The water temperature is 68 degrees F with over 9 feet of visibility, the insects are hatching, and the trout are eager to bite just about anything placed in front of them. Be warned, the infamous Diamond Lake Mosquitoes are out and they are hungry. Anglers are plunking Chartruse, Rainbow, and Orange Power Bait or marshmallows and night crawlers in 10 to 20 feet of water at both the south and north ends of the lake.

Just about anywhere on the lake anglers are scoring on fish averaging 14 inches and lots of 2 year old 18 to 20 inch fish weighing over 3 pounds. Drop night crawlers or your secret mixtures of Velveeta Cheese, tuna and salmon eggs oils down to the bottom then reel up to hold your bait suspended 2 feet off the bottom. If you use power bait cast is away from the boat and let it float up off the bottom. Look for the grouping of boats indicating a current hot spot

L
Left Bank
Good luck to ya. Hope you guys catch a few big ones!!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Hope you bring a bunch to the boat...they owe you that much. lol Thanks for the 'scoop'. Pack the camera?

T
Throbbit _Shane
Good luck out there! i plan on hitting it again some time in october now that i got a pontoon boat :D

H
Hawk
Best of Luck to ye BRo.

Diamond is Beautiful.

:D:D:D

Q
qwapaw
I only have one plan in mind. Have fun with the Grand Kids and help them catch fish. I'm sure the Son in Law and myself will hit it alone a few times, but if the kids do well, I will be happy. Tight Lines, Dan

B
Browning
qwapaw said:
I only have one plan in mind. Have fun with the Grand Kids and help them catch fish. I'm sure the Son in Law and myself will hit it alone a few times, but if the kids do well, I will be happy. Tight Lines, Dan

Thats what its all about, the kids!

troutdude
troutdude
You go Gramps!!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Hope you all have fun.