pb cutthroat so far this year

brandon4455
brandon4455
before i write any further i want to say that i know a lot of you won't find this as believeable because i don't have a pic but deal with it i don't have a camera and my sisters phone was dead :lol: pissed me off i could not pose with the beauty in my hands. Went with the family up to black rock to play around in the sun.. i brought some homeade spinners (fluorescent beads painted with clear sparkle nail polish and a small colorado blade ) drift fished it with slpit shot in some nice little pools and got an absloute beautiful cutthroat around 16 inches and stomach full of shiners i say shiners for sure because the big fella puked a few up when i unhooked him... 0_0 the fish was on a feeding frenzy. Nice silver color and a lot of spots. Didn't fight as hard as some of the other big cutthroat ive caught but he took a small amount of line and jumped once. glad i finally got a good sized cutty. It's a good start to my trout season. Finally i have a goal set and thats to cath a biggun resident coastal cutthroat :cool: they are in there..just gotta sort through all the 10-12 inchers :lol: . next time it will be strictly fly rod only and see what i can catch! :dance:

Reactions: lilsalmon
L
lilsalmon
Good job!!!!! I believe you. I might go out tomorrow and work off some frustrations...heard there are some big fishies in the Santiam........produce guy at Freddies told me...leavin the fly rod at home...just kiddin...my rods are always in my car...Glad you had a good day with the family.

S
Spydeyrch
Nice job brandon!!! I bet that was a blast!! We will have to hit up that section of the stream soon.

Congrats again on the fish and even cooler on a home-made spinner!!! SWEETT!!

-Spydey

Reactions: brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
thanks guys :) and we will definitely hit that stretch of river again. can't wait to explore those lower spots at that pull off we missed.

Last edited:
S
Spydeyrch
brandon4455 said:
thanks guys :) and we will definitely hit that stretch of river again. can't wait to explore those lower spots at that pull off we missed.

Is that where you got that nice 16 incher? Or was it over next to the small bridge that leads up to Black Rock?

-Spydey

brandon4455
brandon4455
i got it in that deep spot above where you caught yours where i was laying ontop of the rocks casting dries. but in the actual manstream not that sidepool. i casted across to the calmer water ont he otherside and he hit it halfway through the drift

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
thanks randy. and i went and got m new 4wt today. couldnt resist so i picked up a 1/16th ounce black roostertail and some splitshot. have to use smaller sizes because the water is so clear and low now.