Pautzke eggs rigging

M
mrlindeman
I know how to rig the setup, but no matter what size hook I use they just pop and ooz all over. How do you use these things? I have tryed everything for split shot rigging these for trout. How do you get them to even go onto the hook let alone stay there?

Thanks for any help. A search provided nothing.

T
TTFishon
I use a small egg hook and poke the hook through the outside edge of the egg then push the egg up the shank to the eye then rotate the egg back around so I can push the barb into the other side completely hiding the hook. I hope that makes sense. lol

Troutski
Troutski
Gold Egg Hooks..

Gold Egg Hooks..

Yea, that's the ticket...small gold egg hooks. These hooks are very sharp for a reason, it took me quite a while to learn this, hang in there you'll get it.

Chuck

troutdude
troutdude
Yep. TT is right on. That's the way that a book @ Bi-Mart showed to do it.

I looked online too. I even went to Pautzke's site as well as You Tube for a demo video...nothing!

Maybe you can go get that book, to see how it's done. It was a very small book, with diagrams of different types of tackle set ups.

M
mrlindeman
Cool guys, thanks! I heard you can set them in the sun for a bit to toughin the skin too. So I just poke the skin of the egg and kinda barely hook the outer shell?

M
mrlindeman
Holy crap that explains a lot!!!!!! I was doing way way wrong lol. Thats awesome man, thanks so much!!! Does that hold up for a good while for casting in rivers? Now heres another question.... are there any other fish that will take this? Like maybe steelhead or Salmon? :) Thanks for all the help so far guys you rock!

R
RunWithSasquatch
mrlindeman said:
Holy crap that explains a lot!!!!!! I was doing way way wrong lol. Thats awesome man, thanks so much!!! Does that hold up for a good while for casting in rivers? Now heres another question.... are there any other fish that will take this? Like maybe steelhead or Salmon? :) Thanks for all the help so far guys you rock!

Steelhead take small presentations all the time in gin like water conditions. Fishing beeds or beed sized lures/ baits is pretty common.

M
mrlindeman
This should be stickied for sure!!!! Ahem Troutski? Ahem :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Troutski
Troutski
Troutski
mrlindeman said:
This should be stickied for sure!!!! Ahem Troutski? Ahem :)

Stuck...

Chuck

M
mrlindeman
You Rock!!!

troutdude
troutdude
Now we know Chucks real first name...

Stuck! LOL

Glad it got stickied.

M
mrlindeman
This thread is one of the main factors to my catching trout today. Way to go guys! A great thread stickied indeed! :)

T
TTFishon
Sweet!!!

troutdude
troutdude
Happy to see that this info. worked well for you!!!