Passing on the addiction

H
halibuthitman
Well ive been steel heading and working on my home for months, haven't been out sturgeon fishing in months.. friday night I was hit by the bug and hooked up the boat, invited nate ( n8r1 ) to go out for some action in the rain... well it didn't rain, and at 3 p.m saturday nate joined the addiction with his first sturgeon......... man I love being this kind of a bad influence... Nate, tell the wife im sorry-:cool:

T
the_intimidator03
nate's wife shall be a feeshin widow LOL Nice work HHM

H
halibuthitman
As Neil Young put it so well.... "Ive seen the needle and the damage done" a mans gotta chase something, its in his nature, and once your married it pretty much leaves money or fish.. and money is a horrible thing to chase.. its the only thing more slipppery than a fish..

T
the_intimidator03
lmao thats good. wise words

G
GerbilManBoa
Where was this at?

M
metalfisher76
halibuthitman said:
As Neil Young put it so well.... "Ive seen the needle and the damage done" a mans gotta chase something, its in his nature, and once your married it pretty much leaves money or fish.. and money is a horrible thing to chase.. its the only thing more slipppery than a fish..

Made me youtube up a lil Neil.... Nice gators man!

B
bigsteel
nice fish

H
halibuthitman
N
n8r1
Good times Brad! Thanks for taking me out. Yep, the addiction is setting in...I've been scouring craigslist for bigger boats already.

Also, couldn't have asked for a better day. Forecast called for rain...but as you can see there was none. Blue sky and scattered clouds, not a single raindrop fell the entire time we were out there.

N
nwkiller
awesome job HH

troutdude
troutdude
Yet another inductee into the Addicted Angler's Anonymous support group!

Way to go!!!

F
fishingfreak
Nice Job! Good looking fish too!

A
Amberjack
Awesome, another species I need to try out. Thanks for the report.

G
GDBrown
I'm looking at that fish trying to figure out what bait you were using. It looks like a big brown soft plastic worm but I know better.

Nice fish and a great way to introduce someone to fishing for big fish.

M
Markcanby
GDBrown said:
I'm looking at that fish trying to figure out what bait you were using. It looks like a big brown soft plastic worm but I know better.

Kinda looks like those pig skins they put on bass jigs. Just another one of HHM's secret tricks using bass bait for sturg.

T
Thuggin4Life
Way to go. one of these days i am gonna learn to sturgeon fish.

O
OnTheFly
Cut into strips, dip in light tempura batter along with whole mushrooms and chunks of broccoli, throw into wok with hot oil, eat, die of pleasurable taste.

H
halibuthitman
GDBrown said:

Sand shrimp wrapped with night Crawlers-

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
n8r1 said:
Good times Brad! Thanks for taking me out. Yep, the addiction is setting in...I've been scouring craigslist for bigger boats already.

Also, couldn't have asked for a better day. Forecast called for rain...but as you can see there was none. Blue sky and scattered clouds, not a single raindrop fell the entire time we were out there.

Hey, I have an ad in the sell section...just sayin'......lol

G
GDBrown
halibuthitman said:
Sand shrimp wrapped with night Crawlers-

That sounds more like what I was seeing. Good job. I've got some old nook eggs I'm thinking of wrapping in a spawn sack and trying that for bait. Better that than using them as fertilizer.