Passing on the addiction

H

halibuthitman

Well ive been steel heading and working on my home for months, haven't been out sturgeon fishing in months.. friday night I was hit by the bug and hooked up the boat, invited nate ( n8r1 ) to go out for some action in the rain... well it didn't rain, and at 3 p.m saturday nate joined the addiction with his first sturgeon......... man I love being this kind of a bad influence... Nate, tell the wife im sorry-:cool:

H

halibuthitman

As Neil Young put it so well.... "Ive seen the needle and the damage done" a mans gotta chase something, its in his nature, and once your married it pretty much leaves money or fish.. and money is a horrible thing to chase.. its the only thing more slipppery than a fish..

M

metalfisher76

As Neil Young put it so well.... "Ive seen the needle and the damage done" a mans gotta chase something, its in his nature, and once your married it pretty much leaves money or fish.. and money is a horrible thing to chase.. its the only thing more slipppery than a fish..

Made me youtube up a lil Neil.... Nice gators man!

N

n8r1

Good times Brad! Thanks for taking me out. Yep, the addiction is setting in...I've been scouring craigslist for bigger boats already.

Also, couldn't have asked for a better day. Forecast called for rain...but as you can see there was none. Blue sky and scattered clouds, not a single raindrop fell the entire time we were out there.

G

GDBrown

I'm looking at that fish trying to figure out what bait you were using. It looks like a big brown soft plastic worm but I know better.

Nice fish and a great way to introduce someone to fishing for big fish.

M

Markcanby

I'm looking at that fish trying to figure out what bait you were using. It looks like a big brown soft plastic worm but I know better.

Kinda looks like those pig skins they put on bass jigs. Just another one of HHM's secret tricks using bass bait for sturg.

O

OnTheFly

Cut into strips, dip in light tempura batter along with whole mushrooms and chunks of broccoli, throw into wok with hot oil, eat, die of pleasurable taste.

H

halibuthitman

Sand shrimp wrapped with night Crawlers-

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Good times Brad! Thanks for taking me out. Yep, the addiction is setting in...I've been scouring craigslist for bigger boats already.

Also, couldn't have asked for a better day. Forecast called for rain...but as you can see there was none. Blue sky and scattered clouds, not a single raindrop fell the entire time we were out there.

Hey, I have an ad in the sell section...just sayin'......lol

G

GDBrown

Sand shrimp wrapped with night Crawlers-

That sounds more like what I was seeing. Good job. I've got some old nook eggs I'm thinking of wrapping in a spawn sack and trying that for bait. Better that than using them as fertilizer.