Parking spot #4 South Jetty Road

troutdude

Wow man. That truly bites! That happened to me, back in the 80's, in my own parking lot. What a drag. Hopefully the Karma Kops catch up to the perp--and issue a dose of justice.

Markk

Wow man. That truly bites! That happened to me, back in the 80's, in my own parking lot. What a drag. Hopefully the Karma Kops catch up to the perp--and issue a dose of justice.
The only thing I lost (other than the window) was my filet knife, they left my vest and several other items....they must have been looking for drugs and money, they found neither. They went through and made a mess of everything.

TC2

Yeah, that sucks. I'm going there this weekend. I like your idea to leave nothing of value and the car unlocked.

My mom always said don't leave any valuables in sight in the car. I feel like they aren't likely to break in if nothing catches their attention in particular. Hide things under your seat or in your glove box if you can. I don't like the idea of leaving my car door unlocked so a stranger can get in my vehicle and possibly break something else in the vehicle. If you have bags in the car or something they may be likely to break in just to look and see if there's anything of interest. Had a car 12 years and it never got broke into.

Anotherdude

This happened to my brother's car at Dodge Park a few years ago. They stole his tackle box and some video games. It's really disappointing that some people think they need to do this.

At least you're ok and they didn't f*ck up your car.

hobster

Damn i'm sorry, that truly sucks. Really pisses me off, my buddy had the same thing happen in front of my house this year ( but he had a computer bag visible, big mistake). So wrong, I really hope that karma gets them!

hobster

Motion vid cam with warning of 100% prosecution signage, with arrow pointing to cam has worked for many a years. Tony
Sadly that doesn’t even work anymore. A person I worked for had a theft from their garage on film and the police wouldn’t even bother coming over to investigate. Cops said unless the perpetrator could be identified by the person filming the theft they couldn’t help out.

Irishrover

Most Featured
Sadly that doesn’t even work anymore. A person I worked for had a theft from their garage on film and the police wouldn’t even bother coming over to investigate. Cops said unless the perpetrator could be identified by the person filming the theft they couldn’t help out.
If that is what happened, that is one lazy cop. Normally they would take that report and the film and if they catch someone in a similar incident they compare him to the suspect on the film. Usually when a bad guy gets caught, they can clear a lot of incidents, and that film would be invaluable evidence.

Markk............sorry that happened. Vandals and thieves are low life's for sure.

hobster

If that is what happened, that is one lazy cop. Normally they would take that report and the film and if they catch someone in a similar incident they compare him to the suspect on the film. Usually when a bad guy gets caught, they can clear a lot of incidents, and that film would be invaluable evidence.

Markk............sorry that happened. Vandals and thieves are low life's for sure.
That’s what the man claimed and he is a trustworthy source. Police in Eugene wont show up for much these days, from stories I’ve heard, not sure if it’s underfunding or what. Saddest part is the stolen item was a sailfish hanging in his garage that he caught with his son who has since passed away. Such a shame, sorry for the hijack, I’m done.

Irishrover

Most Featured
That’s what the man claimed and he is a trustworthy source. Police in Eugene wont show up for much these days, from stories I’ve heard, not sure if it’s underfunding or what. Saddest part is the stolen item was a sailfish hanging in his garage that he caught with his son who has since passed away. Such a shame, sorry for the hijack, I’m done.
Sorry wasn't trying to question anyone, just frustrated your friend did not receive the quality of police service every citizen deserves.

Top Bottom