Parking at Alton Baker

T
teubie
Hi All, Some of you have seen the signs put up on posts for parking down at the pond. If you have a permit from the Parks and Open Spaces Division, then you are allowed to park near one of the two signs down by the water. To get this permit, you need to take your handicap permit for your vehicle down to the Parks and Open Spaces Office near Roosevelt and Chambers. It costs $10.00. Remember to post these two permits in your windshield, drive 5mph and have your safety blinkers on. No, it is not okay to park on the grass. You must stay on the gravel. It is a park after all, so please respect it as such. Your handicap permit is not enough and you will be ticketed or towed; you must have the permit from Parks and Open spaces!

I initiated the parking at the pond and tried long and hard to give everyone with disabilities an easier time to be able to have access to fishing. If the rules are not followed then this access will be taken away, so please use it wisely. Now you see why I even care. If you have any concerns or questions, I have been working with Kevin Forsler from the above mentioned Division.

It is has been a pleasure to fish with you! Happy fishing and see you soon!

E
eugene1
Very cool you got the city/county to give better access to folks that need it!

Too bad they make you pay for the pass though.

I always thought it would be cool for Lane Co. to put in a dock or two at some of the ramps on the Willy. That way some more people with limited mobility could get out a little bit easier. I know it would be hard to maintain with all of the trees floating down though.

Best,

C
catchallthefish
this guy is awsome

T
td1622
teubie said:
Hi All, Some of you have seen the signs put up on posts for parking down at the pond. If you have a permit from the Parks and Open Spaces Division, then you are allowed to park near one of the two signs down by the water. To get this permit, you need to take your handicap permit for your vehicle down to the Parks and Open Spaces Office near Roosevelt and Chambers. It costs $10.00. Remember to post these two permits in your windshield, drive 5mph and have your safety blinkers on. No, it is not okay to park on the grass. You must stay on the gravel. It is a park after all, so please respect it as such. Your handicap permit is not enough and you will be ticketed or towed; you must have the permit from Parks and Open spaces!

I initiated the parking at the pond and tried long and hard to give everyone with disabilities an easier time to be able to have access to fishing. If the rules are not followed then this access will be taken away, so please use it wisely. Now you see why I even care. If you have any concerns or questions, I have been working with Kevin Forsler from the above mentioned Division.

It is has been a pleasure to fish with you! Happy fishing and see you soon!

Thanks so much for getting this done, I have recently retired and I am disabled and can't walk too far, by the time I parked and walked down to the water I had problems fishing this week I got my permit and didn't have to make the long walk and it made all the difference in the world. Plus I caught two nice fat trout ... thanks so much!!!

T
teubie
I got a verbal agreement from Seniors on Patrol and they will be including AB on their patrol. If you get caught with a car down there wo a permit, you will get a $200 fine for violating handicap parking rules. There are exceptions; one guy has a permit and drives his dad. Glad to see those that need this are taking advantage of it!