Panther Martin spinners

J
jd15
:think:;)is there any panther martin spinner fans on here is so tell me ur fav colors and sizes fur fishing and what specias u fish with them for

S
Spydeyrch
I like using the 1/16th sizes for small native cutties. I used both a black and gold one with yellow dots and a rainbow colored one up next to silver falls state park and caught two little 4 inchers.

I have also caught two little 5 inchers on some home town waters with the black and gold one with yellow spots.

-Spydey

J
jd15
nice but ones that small dont count lol,

i catch 14-18inchers on a regular bases in the big elk river

C_Run
C_Run
Same as Spydeyrch... black or black w/ yellow. We took a guided float trip to the Middle Fork Salmon in Idaho a few years ago. Those cutthroat loved the black Panther Martin.

W
waco
jd15 said:
:think:;)is there any panther martin spinner fans on here is so tell me ur fav colors and sizes fur fishing and what specias u fish with them for
what about you??? whats your fav color , size and for what???

F
fish4life
Silver blade with yellow body with red dots in the two smaller sizes, seems to work good for me.

C
Caveman
Black body with yellow spots and gold blade is my absolute go to spinner for lots of situations and species. Sizes 4 or 6, depending on the size of the water are the first thing I rig with when hitting coastal cricks (that's right, cricks ;)) for cut's and bluebacks. These have produced well for me in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana in upper river stretches for west slope cuts, bows, whitefish, and grayling. Also in high mountain lakes of those states. In the middle stretches of the Rouge and Umpqua I have done well with the size 6 for summer steelhead. The big size 15's have hooked me some monster Klamath lake pigs and I have even caught Chinook in the upper Coos with them and one down in the esturary. My favorite all around freshwater lure bar none...

So yeah, I guess I'm a fan of Panther Martins :dance:

J
jd15
waco said:
what about you??? whats your fav color , size and for what???

size 6 and 4 yellow body with orang spots silver or gold blade for trout

M
minnowmagnet
I love panther martin spinners,
I have caught bows, brookies, browns, steelhead and cuts on them. Some smallmouth have also hit panther martins for me.I like the yellow bodies with dots and a silver or gold blade. Black body with yellow dots also work great. They work on so many rivers in so many states for so many species. The blades spin better than rooster-tails. The only panther martins that don't work as well for me is the ones with feathers on the shank of the hook. Others out there might have had better luck than me but I always buy the ones without feathers.

D
dirtyd fishin
yea i would rather use a panther martin onmost rivers but on willamina creek its a black roster tail with bronze blade it works every time

brandon4455
brandon4455
i like panthers but roostertails are my favorite

J
jd15
hey all you guys me dirtyd and my dad caught 74 fish on panther martins

J
JKham
I love finding deals on panthers and rosters on ebay. I've had the most luck with the orange color and gold spinner.