Paid to fish

T
the_intimidator03
if only i had a boat and lived near the columbia

B
bigdog
You don't need a boat but living near the columbia would help though.

T
the_intimidator03
naw but its a good excuse FOR a boat lol

B
bigdog
Now this is true can always say "Hey I can earn back the money I spent on it by fishing" :lol:

M
metalfisher76
Yeah there is a guy or 2 that make a lot of $$. I mean a lot. It`s been goin on for years. But it`s good to tell all. They eat lots of baby salmon and steelhead.

B
bigdog
Yeah it's been going on for a while now. I for one might check in to it this year and see what I can do. Why not if I could get paid to fish why not right. Just have to find out where the best places are to catch them. I know I use to get a few of them when I was bass fishing out at cascade locks so might look more in to it this year.

L
Left Bank
Too bad that the rules only apply to the mainstream of the columbia. When I was a kid we used to go to a spot on the Coweeman and catch at least a dozen an hour. I don't believe we ever had a day with less than 15 fish except when the bees would get too crazy (we'd throw the "squaw fish" into the blackberry bushes)

B
bigdog
I wonder how they can tell where you caught them at?

T
the_intimidator03
basically the fish have to be brought to them fresh, not frozen or been dead for extended amounts of time, they can tell