Pacific City Salmon

B
Brian Dupree
So here is my plan: And would like everyone to tell me if I am crazy or not. I plan to go to P.C. this weekend. Instead of throwing spinners or bobber fishing with eggs, I thought I would try something different: Like using a spreader with about a 2 oz. cannonball weight 2 or 3 foot leader mooching rig with a plug cut herring cast it out from the bank and kind of troll it back slowing letting it spin. What do you guys and gals think. Waste of time or not?
Any advice? thanks everyone.

F
fishin_fool
Its Fishing ya never know whats gonna work but it don't sound like a bad idea to me...

Mike

K
Kodiak
Brian Dupree said:
So here is my plan: And would like everyone to tell me if I am crazy or not. I plan to go to P.C. this weekend. Instead of throwing spinners or bobber fishing with eggs, I thought I would try something different: Like using a spreader with about a 2 oz. cannonball weight 2 or 3 foot leader mooching rig with a plug cut herring cast it out from the bank and kind of troll it back slowing letting it spin. What do you guys and gals think. Waste of time or not?
Any advice? thanks everyone.

There is a better method for doing that called jigging or mooching. Use whole green or blue labes and about 1 oz mooching weight, and your herring on about 18" of leader. Chcuk that sucker out as far as you can and let it sink . You lift and drop the weight about 2 ft causing the herring to flutter and spin. Its very effective. The point by the old boat ramp is good for that, not so much by the bridge, works great on the salmon river in spots as well.

L
luv2fish
Like Kodiak said. Very effective.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
labes??

labes??

Kodiak said:
There is a better method for doing that called jigging or mooching. Use whole green or blue labes and about 1 oz mooching weight, and your herring on about 18" of leader. Chcuk that sucker out as far as you can and let it sink . You lift and drop the weight about 2 ft causing the herring to flutter and spin. Its very effective. The point by the old boat ramp is good for that, not so much by the bridge, works great on the salmon river in spots as well.

Okay,I give up! :mad: What in Sam Hill are "labes"??? :rolleyes: And,I didn't know jigs were big enough for herring! :confused: For crying out loud,how do you get a fish to sit still on a lil tiny jig?! :shock: :confused: :) :D

F
FishSchooler
Raincatcher said:
Okay,I give up! :mad: What in Sam Hill are "labes"??? :rolleyes: And,I didn't know jigs were big enough for herring! :confused: For crying out loud,how do you get a fish to sit still on a lil tiny jig?! :shock: :confused: :) :D

I think he missed the "L" button. Blue/Green/Black lable herring are different (types?) of herring.

B
beaverfan
I think he means label, green or blue label herring

R
rainman
different color label, different size. Packaged herring are sized and use label
color to differentiate those sizes. Red label
herring are small with green, blue, purple and
black increasing in size respectively.

Last edited:
K
Kodiak
Label...there all better:lol:!...You'll see monday barb..I'll make sure to show you!...little tiny hook...big hurkin fish...LOL.

T
TyHarp
well i went out there yesterday and they were everywere. never seen pacific city so full with fish. people were hitting them like crazy. i was pulling about a 30-35 pounder out and snapped my line i was so pissed.

B
Brian Dupree
i'll second that they were jumping and rolling like crazy. not bighting for me though. But other were landing some. Guy at the bait store told me that saturday a guy pulled out a 45 pounder on a spinner. Caught a couple of grab, and possibly a cold..lol