PacCity 9/13

T
The Nothing
I'd love to show you guys how nice it was on Monday. I showed up to PC at right as the sun was rising over the coastal range. Only two dory boats had shown up before me.

The surf was low and easy to get over. The birds on the rock were still waking and things were pretty quiet.

I'd love to show you the decent founder I picked up.

I'd love to show you the blue rockfish double and the china rockfish.

It would be great to show you all the HD video of a DOUBLE Lingcod hook up. Both were legal too! There was also a good looking underline that I'd like to show you.

I moved down closer to the rock as the winds picked up ever so slightly, and the place turned into a washing machine. Just as I got about even with the rock I was nailed by an 8# cabezon (season is closed). It was pretty red, and would have looked great to see on your computer screen.

Immediately after catching that cabezon, I hooked up another. Just seconds apart. I'd love to show you, but this cabazon was huge and mean. I pulled it into my kayak and it ran the length of my legs. I'd love to show you, but it flipped out on my kayak and knocked my new video camera into the ocean.

S
steelhead1
What a bummer man.I feel for ya :(.I always dig your reports and videos.Did it sink or water damage?

G
Green_Tackle
Oh man! That sucks! Had you put a big ol' SD card in it too?

T
The Nothing
Sink. Sank. Sunk.

Yeah, just put a new 8gig card into it too. I loved that camera an it'll be replaced soon enough. It was recording on the way down too...

Like I said, it'll be replaced. I'll make sure it floats next time and I'm putting a mount together. Once again I prove that I can't have nice things...

N
nwkiller
man that sucks, way to go on the beast cab and the others

F
Finneus Polebender
Have been itchin to hit the big blue in a kayak , sorry to hear of the camera loss your vids are awesome !

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
You know what you need Isaac? A tether station...eye hole screws affixed to a three pound anchor...strong elasticized cord with snaps to attach to things like cameras and such. Then you could use it and not lose it. Just a thought.

T
The Nothing
I've got leash attachments all over my kayak, but don't tent to leash things that i'm actively using to avoid tangles. Its easy for leashes and tethers to get out of control. The camera I'd rather have attached to a float (a float that will hold it) since I do move it around quite a bit...