Oxbow Sandy - report

F
fisch
I found ice on the bank, frozen sand and very clear water on Sandy this morning. Fished few places with Nada to show for. Not a lot of fisherman out there ;) I'll try in few weeks again.

T
Troutier Bassier
Clear water?! Oxbow?!?!?!! :think:

Y
youngbuck307
yea kid everwhere is getting low and clear we havent had any rain for a while now!

B
bigdog
Well lets just hope we don't get any for a couple weeks or at least not til after the 12.

M
mgdguy
Thanks for the report! I'm going to get out there in a couple weeks as well... :pray:

B
bigdog
I might be hitting in the morning any ways to check things out. Like I always say any day on the water is a good day getting in to fish is a bonus.

H
halibuthitman
half a day of rain wouldn't hurt...

F
FishSchooler
halibuthitman said:
half a day of rain wouldn't hurt...

Rain?! It's gonna snow! :dance:

T
Troutier Bassier
If we have another big snowstorm like last year I will be Pissed.

H
halibuthitman
I sure hope it doesn't... im driving the back way through jewel to the klaskenine and nehalem in the morning!

T
Troutier Bassier
Chec out big crick for me will ya?

B
bigdog
FishSchooler said:
Rain?! It's gonna snow! :dance:

There isn't going to be any rain or snow til at least next sunday (the 13) at the soonest. What weather report you been looking at Kevin?

H
halibuthitman
big creek and gnat creek are very low and gin clear... the best time to fish either one is just after rain.. you better wear your realtree camo if your gonna fish them in the next week.:)

J
Jacks Tackle
Very small waters are best right after a rain storm as Halibuthitman said.

Medium to Big rivers fish well on long dry periods!

RB

T
Troutier Bassier
Why? should I wear camo?

J
Jacks Tackle
I think he just meant that the water was gonna be so clear there and the fish so spooky that you would have to wear camo so you dont spook them.

RB

C
cchinook
fisch

fisch

that is because I told you to go to Alaska - but would you listen ? noooo - it is not that long of a drive -

H
halibuthitman
Troutier Bassier said:
Why? should I wear camo?

T.B the reason I said that is becouse both of those creeks are rather short, any fish you encounter will have recently left the murky deep columbia and have found themselves in 2 feet of crystal clear water... and they will be very jittery to say the least, you will want to break up your silloette with several earth tone colors, tan,gray, lighter greens... no black, dark green or dark blue or denim... denim actually glows with uv near dawn and dusk, if you have ever been hunting at dusk and seen someone walking through a field you know what I mean. You will also want to fish the creeks from downstream of the location you want to fish, as you approach look at the spot you want to stand and fish, now double that distance back, now this will force you to fish with a dead drift ( or much smaller hardware than you would for like the sandy ) the dead drift is going to take away about 60-75% of your current abbility to set the hook so you will have to mend line quickly, or pray the fish hooks himself, if you are lucky enough ( or skilled )enough to hook a fish, the fish is gonna head strait for the nastiest pile of crap you can imagine, so be ready to take his head and lock him up. If your gonna fish hardware think very small, clear low small water equates to the same in spinner size. good luck, mabe I,ll stop by there for a peek... never hurts

Last edited:
M
metalfisher76
Small , clear water = camo or earth tones! It`s pretty simple mathematics.

T
Troutier Bassier
Im getting a D in math....
Jeez its THAT low? I can't imagine it being that low.