Oxbow question

T
troutmasta
I was wondering how accessible Oxbow park is. Last year I fished Cedar Creek for Coho. However tommorrow my girlfriend wants to come and I dont think she could handle crossing the sandy at 5:00 am. Is Oxbow just as treacherous? Also I have no eggs (yet)
What color corkies and yarn do the Coho love. Thank you for the help TM-

B
bigdog
Not sure about the yarn color part but Oxbow is very accessible it is a family park area. Nothing like cedar.

J
JAYDEE
I was at cedar creek yesterday and most people were using chartruse and green corkies. Since the water is still off colored.

T
troutmasta
YOU GUYS ROCK!! I effin love this forum!!! Thanks everyone. Wish me luck. Oxbow is a go for the lady. And Ill sart with green corkies! Thanks -TM-

M
mgdguy
Seconded. You'll love Oxbow's access. I do! :)

G
GMR
troutmasta said:
YOU GUYS ROCK!! I effin love this forum!!! Thanks everyone. Wish me luck. Oxbow is a go for the lady. And Ill sart with green corkies! Thanks -TM-

Remember not to be at Oxbow at 5am.. cause youll sit an hour plus at a locked gate.

J
JAYDEE
I will be there at oxbow also tomorrow. Maybe I will get to meet you. Good luck and tight lines.

J
jeffcycles
If you really want to catch fish on the Sandy, the you need to fish pink.

T
troutmasta
JAYDEE said:
I will be there at oxbow also tomorrow. Maybe I will get to meet you. Good luck and tight lines.

We should be in a silver jetta. It'll be me and my girlfriend Ashley. Feel free to come say hello. My name is Jeff. Good Luck.

G
GMR
Any news on how the water looked today?

E
eggs
Water has been good for over a week..

G
GMR
eggs said:
Water has been good for over a week..

I sorda disagree.
I was there the other day and it was REALLY murky.
Couldnt see your lure more than a couple of inches.
I was hoping to see if that had improved.

E
eggs
That's as good as you are going to get on the sandy until it gets a lot colder..

G
GMR
eggs said:
That's as good as you are going to get on the sandy until it gets a lot colder..

K it just seamed worse than when I was out there last week.
I dont know the Sandy all that well. but it seamed that most of the people there said it was worse than usual.
Figured ide just check.
Thanks

E
eggs
Last week it was alittle worse then usual due to the rain.. but is in shape as it can be for this time of the years..

B
bigdog
Dam snow melt anyways.

B
Beastfisherman
"good times" ;/

Last edited:
F
fisch
It's bad now because it is clear. I was good when vis is a foot or less. Fish are in there and you trigger a reaction strike when they see a spinner infront of their nose. They have no time to think about it or examine your lure. They just hammer it! Trust me I had 6 fish on in 2 hours when the water was like 8-12" vis - 2 weeks ago. Last year I limited 3 times in less then 2 hours fishing water that had almost no vis. All spinners. Fun times.

A
Airs98
Thanks for the insight!!! I guess we need rain now

A
Anyfishisfine
Rain is coming for the weekend.