Oxbow in the AM

D
Dbaum
Well guys and gals,

I plan on hitting Oxbow tomorrow once again. I have fished it real hard these last couple of weeks but I can't seem to give up on a (usually productive) body of water within 5 minutes of my house! I have always done well in the past at the Ox and now that I live so close it seems to be my go to destination. I have been throwing the book at em' the last couple of weeks but the closest thing that I have come to chrome was a nice jump and splash yesterday as I was reeling in my jig set up. It's like he said: HA HA HA you can't get me...I guess that's why I am heading back...to get him. I will most likely start out up at Gordon and work all the holes down to YMCA...I plan on a full day tomorrow...probably 8 hours or so...I will report my production (or lack there of) later this weekend...I drive a tan F-150 with a billet grill...if you see me come say hi! Good luck to all the weekend warriors and get those lines tight! DB.:cool:

C
Cowboykid8
Good Luck Knock 'em dead!!!

S
skunk
Go get them, wish I didn't have to work

C
collegekidusa
Good Luck, I am hitting up Cedar Creek. I'll let you know how that goes.

D
Dbaum
Thanks guys..love to hear Sandy reports! DB.

A
Anyfishisfine
I plan on being there too with a friend who has never fished steelhead before. I'll keep an eye out. I drive a green Jeep Cherokee with a OFF sicker on the back window.

D
Dbaum
Off sticker? I need one of those! How do I get one? I was there at Gordon...Ed's...etc...had a hook up for a quick few seconds but it shook...had a good hit at the boat launch but I was too slow or it was too fast...not sure if I saw your jeep but I was all over the place...I talked with a guy I had fished with before and his buddy landed a hen early...I will be back at Ox on Monday...DB.

D
Dbaum
Good (collegekidusa) because I am hitting Cedar on Wednesday with a buddy! DB.

C
collegekidusa
Went to Cedar, only saw and heard of one fish caught. Hopefully the rain will help, but it has been slow there the last 3 times I've been down there.

D
Dbaum
Yeah, it's slow at Ox too...I saw one fish taken Friday...and I had a hook up and head shake and then it was gone but nothing else...I am going to Ox in the morning and Wednesday as well...thanks for the report! DB.

O
OnSafari
We have hit oxbow for the first time ever. Yesterday 2-19-11 and today. We had good luck near just past YMCA Camp, a hair past the flood plain. We are new to steelhead fishing in general. Is it normal to see them jumping feel them nibbling, Stealing your bait but no latches? is this the way of the chrome domes? Cold but beautiful, Help

D
Dbaum
The fish that I have had hit this year have been on bobber and jig...they took it..ran with it...and spit it...I haven't had one nibble but anything is possible....are you talking about the first turnout by the bathrooms or by the long gravel parking area...I am at Ox about three times a week...maybe I will see u there! DB.

O
OnSafari
This was just after the place that has sand all over the road, but before the bend in the river.

D
Dbaum
I have fished that spot quite a bit...I heard of a 15 lb hen caught there and a guy I met down there lost one at the bank...that's a good spot...I might head to Ox in the morning...DB.

S
sharkhead
without knowing what your using its hard to say.but they can and do steal your bait but theres usually no doubt what did it. when in doubt set the hook.

O
OnSafari
I was using a myriad of things. I started off with Powerbait worm, Went to Pink cured prawn tails,jig and bobber set up and ended with a plain old tri color spinner. We were out there for hours and hours. a boat with 3 guys landed a nice sized one at the boulders and as they past us got another good bite, but he didn't hang on. But i dont know what they were using.

O
OnSafari
i might have to learn to fly fish.