Oxbow 2/2

D
Dbaum
Hey All!

So, I fished Oxbow today and my how things have changed...I started at the lower holes and fished a few spots for a couple of hours (no luck) and then headed up to the boat launch...I checked some things out but never really fished that hole. Then I headed to Gordon and fished for about another hour or so. I watched one guy Hook..Land...Release a nice Steel....and talked to a couple of other guys who said that they hadn't had any luck yet. I never saw a fish (other than what the one fella released) but the water looked real nice and I had a big smile on my face because I was finally back in the water!

I will be headed back on Friday and will be fishing up at Gordon and moving down from there! Any day on the water is a good day...fish or no fish! DB:cool:

troutdude
troutdude
Ahh nuts! I was about to go: WOOT WOOT, cuz I thought you had inked two fish (2/2)!

Oh well, there is always next time Cooper. LOL

D
Dbaum
I guess I didn't pack my parachute right today... but I will Friday (I hope)...today was a "get the kinks out" day for sure...major birds nest problamo right off the bat on my Lammy after hooking a tree directly behind me (I swear that tree wasn't there last year)....but I was pretty determined and had multiple rods/ set ups with me....just seeing one landed and released was good for my first day and now that the kinks are out and I have found some new spots I can get to work...DB.

Last edited:
A
Anyfishisfine
How about them giant trees in the water at Gordon, and the Island is gone. Many changes in the river.

N
NoobTooner
pics?:think:

A
Anyfishisfine
IMAG0057.jpg

D
Dbaum
Yeah those trees are giant! Sorry..I forgot the camera this morning but I decided to go tomorrow morning so I will bring it then...today was a KINK day...I left the house and realized I forgot my eggs...then I got halfway to the park and realized I forgot my coffee thermos...good thing I live so close...anyway...tomorrow will be better...I just got done getting everything laid out where I will remember it...now all I have to do is ink a couple and I will be set! DB.

Last edited:
N
NoobTooner
holy hell!!! is that the tailout above the slide area/just below the end of the campsite loop?

Last edited:
A
Anyfishisfine
They are down from the campground trail.

N
NoobTooner
yep.. that's were i was talking about...
THAT IS AMAZING!

G
GDBrown
Just think how many fish will be hiding under each one of those trees! And how many hooks will be available for the picking by next August or September.

A
Anyfishisfine
GDBrown said:
Just think how many fish will be hiding under each one of those trees! And how many hooks will be available for the picking by next August or September.

I was thinking the same thing. I tossed a few spinners in there the best I could, but I think it warrents a lot more attention in the future.

D
Dbaum
I worked those trees pretty hard today...put a jig through there, put some Blue Fox through there, even drifted a steele worm through there...nothin' doin' but I will keep at 'em because those trees look gooood...DB.