Over half of Oregon gone from shooters/hunters?

R
RunWithSasquatch
chris61182 said:
Yup, and if it were really about "scary noise" then they'd deregulate sound suppressors.

Theres the real root of the problem!

C
chris61182
RunWithSasquatch said:
Theres the real root of the problem!

Or it could really be the ever popular but notably long term approach for gun control, by restricting the ability to easily engage in the shooting sports people lose interest.

D
Denduran87
chris61182 said:
Or it could really be the ever popular but notably long term approach for gun control, by restricting the ability to easily engage in the shooting sports people lose interest.

And Bingo was his name-o!!! Just as they tried to regulate ammo this will be a slow way to push out hunters than say that there is no need for firearms now. Not in the near future but in the future it will happen. History has proven time and time again of large government becoming afraid of their people and taking away their firearms then leading to mass genocides.
experts-agree-on-gun-control.jpg

C
chris61182
The good news is that this is what his "under the radar" plans have been reduced to. Fast&Furious isn't going away, the shotgun importation "study" got a huge backlash, though unfortunately blocking garand repatriation has so far been successful, but here too I'm seeing other reports the BLM is going to addressing this issue. So hurray! Keep up the pressure and keep writing your representatives.

C
chris61182
RunWithSasquatch said:

That's so nice of you to continue casting aspersions on others while you yourself willfully remain ignorant....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...r-steve-croley/2011/04/04/AFt9EKND_print.html
“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”
So besides stating the intent quite plainly, what else do you need? Smuggling guns to Mexican drug cartels while blaming the gun stores and the 2nd Amendment? I think he provided you with that as well.

N
n8r1
Denduran87 said:
And Bingo was his name-o!!! Just as they tried to regulate ammo this will be a slow way to push out hunters than say that there is no need for firearms now. Not in the near future but in the future it will happen. History has proven time and time again of large government becoming afraid of their people and taking away their firearms then leading to mass genocides.

You're right!

I also heard that George Bush, Gene Simmons, and Elvis (he's still alive and living in New Hampshire) are all conspiring to release a deadly swarm of mutant mosquitos upon North America. Rumor has it they are all preferred stockholders in the Off Bug Repellant Company.

Reactions: RunWithSasquatch
B
bigsteel
M
mastercaster
What duran87 posted is fact based and not paranoid thinking . Open any book on world history and one can read it for themselves . I for one am not paranoid I know they want my guns . Actually on second thought they can have them as long as its bullets first or when they pry my cold dead fingers from around them . MC

R
RunWithSasquatch
The thread is going white trash in a hurry.

Reactions: bigsteel
C
chris61182
bigsteel said:
sounds like you should read the link IrishRover posted

Or you could read my post three prior to that, but yeah IrishRover's link is fantastic news, the type of news that results when people get involved and let their voices be heard.

C
chris61182
RunWithSasquatch said:
The thread is going white trash in a hurry.

Ah more insults, the sort of stellar quality OFF tries to be known for.

B
bigsteel
chris61182 said:
Or you could read my post three prior to that, but yeah IrishRover's link is fantastic news, the type of news that results when people get involved and let their voices be heard.

or instead of jumping to conspiracy conclusions,actually wait to see what the facts are;)

C
chris61182
bigsteel said:
or instead of jumping to conspiracy conclusions,actually wait to see what the facts are;)

I don't see anything in that link that suggests there was anything wrong with the initial take on it, instead it looks like BLM is responding in a correct fashion to the outcry.

B
bigsteel
chris61182 said:
I don't see anything in that link that suggests there was anything wrong with the initial take on it, instead it looks like BLM is responding in a correct fashion to the outcry.

ok

P
PNW Sam
A while ago I was gonna say "This thread is kinda getting out there...", but decided not to.

But damn, now it really is lol.

I'm out.

Last edited:
M
mastercaster
I am glad the person who made the white trash comment has fool posted as their location it is very fitting . I will not be posting anymore on this thread now that people are insulting fellow members . I am not trying to force my opinions on anyone . Just that my opinions were all entitled to them in this great country where we have freedom of speech [as long as you dont say the wrong thing that is] tight lines and happy days to all . MC

Reactions: chris61182
M
Markcanby
PNW Sam said:
Markcanby, it did say something about hunting. I do agree totally with what you have said thus far, but in the article it says:

"If the draft policy is finally approved, some public access to Bureau lands to hunters would also be limited, potentially reducing areas deer, elk, and bear hunters can use in the West." (Note, it says some, not all public access to hunting...)

Also, when you think about it, the same type of stuff that goes on that makes private companies close areas of their property to target shooting goes on in similar areas that the BLM controls, but the BLM land is generally unregulated when it comes to target shooting and they have nothing in place to my knowledge that would allow them to take any action against the real BS that some people do. The types of areas I'm talking about are close to cities, close to highways, and receive a lot of traffic of all types. It's not like 100% of BLM land has issues with people trashing it or conflicts with other recreational users, and they wouldn't close every acre they control just because of the small fraction that gets damaged. That would be like making an 8pm curfew for everyone in the state because parts of Portland have a gang problem.

Also, they don't have the means to enforce an across the board ban on shooting, and they know it. In a time of budget cuts, a new law that would cost a lot of money to enforce isn't going to make much ground, if any.

Sorry I did not catch that part so I reread it all an also fond this.

"When the authorized officer determines that a site or area on BLM-managed lands used on a regular basis for recreational shooting is creating public disturbance, or is creating risk to other persons on public lands; is contributing to the defacement, removal or destruction of natural features, native plants, cultural resources, historic structures or government and/or private property; is facilitating or creating a condition of littering, refuse accumulation and abandoned personal property is violating existing use restrictions, closure and restriction orders, or supplementary rules notices, and reasonable attempts to reduce or eliminate the violations by the BLM have been unsuccessful, the authorized officer will close the affected area to recreational shooting."

J
Jig'n
n8r1 said:
I'm not arguing on either side of this issue, but I don't blame them for closing land.

Here's something I found last summer while driving on some private property that was previously open to the public. Some idiots decided it would be a good idea to take a couple TVs out there and shoot them up. What you don't see in the picture are dozens of shell casings, beer cans, and shattered glass scattered everywhere, along with a bunch of cigarette butts and other trash. Not long after this happened, the company constructed a gate and put up a sign saying that the area was now closed due to vandalism. You can still hike in, which I don't mind, but now several miles of riverfront access have been blocked off to cars. I don't blame them; if the land was mine and I found that, I would have closed it too.

I'm not for closing the lands for shooting, but I really don't blame them. The BLM lands near my home are constantly trashed due to people shooting things, i.e. appliances, cans & bottles, etc. There is another area that's destroyed because of off roading, and every one of these area's have piles of illegal dumping.

We are loosing our public lands due to irresponsible individuals, if we do more to prevent this like paying attention to suspicious activity, writing license plates down of those committing crimes, etc. maybe we can deter some of the destructive activities.

Jig'n

B
Boo
I don't think this has anything to do with litter, or available funding, or anything else along those lines. This is a blatant effort to sneak additional gun control through the back door.

In some respects gun control is important. i personally I don't want the seriously mentally ill or certain types of violent felons to have legal access to firearms. Beyond that gun control shouldn't mean anything beyond a proper grip and a correct shooting stance!

The idea that we should allow our government to restrict legal activities on OUR OWN LAND is ludicrous. It's another reminder that "democracy" is nothing more than two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, but liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote! The day they take away our rights to keep and bear arms the United States of America as we have known it will disappear. The wolves will be in control, and they will not stop with the 2nd amendment.

Reactions: chris61182
B
Boo
One more thing. Please get your hands on a copy of the documentary American Outrage. It shows exactly how sneaky, underhanded, and brutal the BLM is. It is not the innocuous agency you probably think it is.