Outlaw Steelhead Tube Jigs

C

Combat Chuck

Has anybody used these? I saw them for the first time today. There very simple for bass, do they work for steelies? How do you fish them? Float, cast and retrieve? steelie-tubes

M

Mike123

Tubes are for BASS! :lol:

Seriously I'd rather use a pink worm if Ima use plastic.

M

metalmania

Has anybody used these? I saw them for the first time today. There very simple for bass, do they work for steelies? How do you fish them? Float, cast and retrieve? steelie-tubes

If you want to use them try drift fishin them. Just shove a corkie up in the tube and run your line through the tube and cork. But I agree with mike, tubes are for bass, but they will catch steelies also.

K

klamathsteel

Rogue River winters like those very much, under a float or side drifted. Trust me they do ;) :)

O

osmosis

I'd rather run a brown or dark green curly tail over a pink worn any day! Havent fished tubes except for yellow perch and bass but steelhead eat EVERYTHING that you put in the right place.

M

metalmania

I got one once drifting a chartreuse/green tube with black flecks. I felt like a real bad*** pullin that one in. I kinda wished there was someone around to see it, as I thought it made me look like a pro.

M

Mike123

I seen my buddy pull a steelhead out of the Siletz on a Bass Assassin jerk bait one time.. So yes, steelhead will strike almost N-E THANG!

T

Troutier Bassier

I never knew tubes worked for steelhead or coho until i saw it i a mag. I was reading some magazine at walmart and I saw this guy says he use brown tubes and put shrimp scent on it. Says he catches coho on it all the time

A

ArcticAmoeba

I fish black glitter, and brown/dark green curl tail grubs for Steelhead. Especially in the Willy near Canby. And some of the little tribs are good to throw plastics for Steelhead in. They dip in to the cooler, more oxygenated water, and are very aggressive. So Bass plastics do work for Steelhead, and even Chinook eat them too. And don't let me get started on how many Steehead have come on crank baits, and top-water spinner baits!

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Those tubes look similar to hoochies. Hoochies are a darn good rigging for silver in the ocean. So my guess is that tubes would work OK for steelhead in a river. There are just so many different was to go after them including slit shot and a night crawler.:)

Top Bottom