Outfitter x9 8.5ft pontoon

T
TTFishon
My wife saw this pontoon at Costco today. Is anyone familiar with this pontoon? They want $369.00 is that a good price for what it offers?

W
Wetfoot
outfitter x9

outfitter x9

I just bought one. The price is good enough, and the frame is sturdy. Haven't had it on the water yet though. We'll see. Hard to find any other pontoon boat with a deck and motor mount for the price. I own a couple of larger whitewater pontoon boats (16-footers) and this "personel watercraft" is certainly no whitewater boat. However, I haven't really seen any of these 8-9 foot pontoons I'd take down any serious whitewater.

T
TTFishon
How much does it weigh and is it possible to pack it in 5 or 6 miles?

S
specialk0082
Wetfoot said:
I just bought one. The price is good enough, and the frame is sturdy. Haven't had it on the water yet though. We'll see. Hard to find any other pontoon boat with a deck and motor mount for the price. I own a couple of larger whitewater pontoon boats (16-footers) and this "personel watercraft" is certainly no whitewater boat. However, I haven't really seen any of these 8-9 foot pontoons I'd take down any serious whitewater.
there is one pontoon i know of, that i would,
it is north fork outdoors madison river st pontoon, it's one of dave scadden boat hanlde v lv white water, thats what it says and it's a 9 footer with stand up lean bar awsome pontoon, for 899 i'm gona get one next month

Last edited:
O
Outdrsmn
TTFishon said:
How much does it weigh and is it possible to pack it in 5 or 6 miles?

a 9 foot pontoon you are not going to want to hike in with it. There are hike in pontoons, but you might as well just strap a float tube to your back.

R
rstandly
Outfitter X9

Outfitter X9

My brother has an Outfitter X9 and I have the Outfitter XT. We just finished a drift of the John Day from Service Creek to Twickenham and the boats performed surprisingly well. They handled the rapids without a hitch and were very stable. They're very fun to paddle - very responsive. I can't wait to try some other rivers in them.

L
lizardman
The boats made by "Classic Accessories" are ones I tend to stay away from. My reasoning for this is their weight (80+ pounds for the pontoon boat) vs. other companies weight (Outcast 9 weighs in at 65+ pounds), their guarantee (two years vs other companies 5-15 year).

While I am not an expert on pontoons when I purchased mine I knew I needed a load capacity of at least 350 pounds and wanted a boat that was made sturdy enough so I wouldn't tear it up in rougher water or on submerged rocks. My research led me to the Bucks Bags or Outcast brand and I ended up purchasing the Outcast 'fishcat 9' due to the cost factor (actually it is the Sportsman's 9 made by outcast). And truly now I wish I had purchased a boat with longer pontoons.

That said costco.com had an 8 foot Buck's bag pontoon for sale for only $50.00 or so more dollars than the one made by Classic Accessories.

Dave