Out of town looking for spots

T
tfofisher
Hey everyone,

I will be in Oregon in April and I need some help. Im not from the area and would like to know what I can fish for and a few spots to bank/surf fish. I'm fortunate enough to have a spot directly on the beach inbetween Lincoln and Gleneden beach. April is the time Ill be there. I was there last year and me and the kids had a great time just walking the beach and looking at all the beauty. I didn't notice anyone on the beach fishing though.

Ive done a bit of research and the winter steelhead run should be coming to an end but should be fishable still. The Siletz river/bay is very close as well.

Basically just looking to know what my best bets are in April in the area Ill be in. Im looking forward to the trip up in a few months. I appreciate any advice in advance. Thanks so much!

C
Combat Chuck
I've caught surfperch on Berkley sandworms in that area. Ive never come across anyone fishing either. With my limited experience, I don't have much advice to give... but the fish are there.

T
tfofisher
Awesome. I actually been stocking up on those gulp sandworms just for the trip. That specific area looks" touristy". Maybe not fishing types. But fishing that area is legal?

C
Combat Chuck
I'm not aware of any closures for gleneden. The regs are online to double check. I haven't made a trip since July so I haven't looked for updates.

T
tfofisher
Any sturgeon fishing in the area from the bank that time of year anywhere?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
tfofisher said:
Ive done a bit of research and the winter steelhead run should be coming to an end but should be fishable still. The Siletz river/bay is very close as well.

welcome to OFF and hope you have a great trip!

Siletz is open all year for clipped Steel but you want to check the Special Regs. for any other river you consider- most close to Steelhead on March 31. And most rivers, streams and tidewaters do not open for trout until May 23...cheers, roger

Casting Call
Casting Call
Welcome aboard Tfo.... Here's the deal! I lived in Gleneden Beach for 12 years less than a 1/2 mile from the Siletz river (that's another story)come april shoot me a pm. I want to invite you and combat chuck to a day of surf fishing on the beach, the bill of fare will be perch and rockfish at the south end of the beach at Fishingrock park. shirmp.grubs and squid are the bait of choice. Tony

2PawsRiver
Casting Call said:
Welcome aboard Tfo.... Here's the deal! I lived in Gleneden Beach for 12 years less than a 1/2 mile from the Siletz river (that's another story)come april shoot me a pm. I want to invite you and combat chuck to a day of surf fishing on the beach, the bill of fare will be perch and rockfish at the south end of the beach at Fishingrock park. shirmp.grubs and squid are the bait of choice. Tony

Not wanting to hijack the thread......but we are coming in April as well...arriving late the 24th, we have a Sturgeon Charter scheduled for the 27. We are planning on spending a couple days plunking on the Willamette, or Columbia, but would also like to hit the coast, fishing from shore........starting to research gear for plunking.....seems like surf casting equipment is the key......would it be the same for the type of fishing you are describing from the beach.

Casting Call
Casting Call
2P shoot me a PM when you get here. Also tfo U-tube "oregon surf perch" this is on gleneden beach. The backround is Fishinrock. Tony

troutdude
troutdude