Oregon Water Shed Map

S
Spydeyrch
So I was doing some surfing on-line and came across this awesome map showing all the Oregon rivers, streams, and lakes. Some of them may be too small to see on a computer screen, the actual map is 3.5' by 4.5'. It has 114,823 miles of streams and has 14,526 lakes and streams on it. It would be a wonderful tool to mark where one was fishing, what they caught, what they used, etc.

D
Drew9870
I am awe struck, but more along the lines of, awe I can't see a thing. Google maps is a lot more useful, and if you wanted to mark what you caught and where, just make a google map account, everything will be saved (markers, text boxes, etc). So much easier, google maps will find you so many new bodies of water in either view.

If there was more zoom, it would be pretty neat.

S
Spydeyrch
Oops, I guess I should have been more specific. I think that it would be very cool, fun, and entertaining to purchase a copy of the large map and have it on my wall. Then I could mark where I have been, etc.

Yes, the map is difficult to read everything clearly on a monitor (I think I mentioned that it wouldn't be at full size ;) ) But still when I saw it I was quite impressed with how well it was done. I thought I would share it with others.

-Spydey

P.S. And yes, I do use google maps. check out the high lake thread in the trout fishing section. You will see that I made a google map there with a little over 70 high alpine lakes. So yes, I do use it. I just thought that it would be interesting and fun to have this kind of a resource hanging on one's wall at home. That is all. :D

Last edited:
B
bigfootfish
Just remember GoogleMaps has errors. For example, it shows Duffy Lake on Three Fingered Jack as being the Headwater Source for the North Santiam River when in fact Santiam Lake is the Headwater Source. GM doesn't even show the North flowing out of Santiam Lake. It doesn't show ANY water flowing out of Santiam Lake. I've been to Santiam Lake, so I know. Water does flow out of Duffy into the North but Duffy is not the main contributor. The watershed map is okay but lacks resolution.

BFF

S
Spydeyrch
Yeah, online, the map does have a low resolution, even if magnified. But it isn't meant to be viewed for complete resolution online. It is just a preview online. The full resolution map needs to be purchased and is a 3.5' by 4.5' map that can be hung on a wall, from a rafter, etc etc. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

B
beaverfan
Not that I would spend this kinda cash on a map but the mural version from the link wozniasm posted would be insanely awesome!

Oregon - MURAL - on easy-to-hang repositionable vinyl.
The Oregon Stream & Lake Map is enlarged to 6.6-foot-high-by-8.3-foot-wide. You won't believe how incredible it looks at a larger size. So measure your wall space and find a spot for this big beauty. If you need a custom size to fill a space, please give us a call. This mural comes in two pieces. Complete application instructions are included with the mural. Ships rolled in a sturdy storage tube with plastic end caps. Includes BONUS #1, BONUS #2 and BONUS #3. $383.00

S
Spydeyrch
Thank you beaverfan. That was my whole point was that it would look awesome!!! But yes, it would be quite the pretty penny. I would love to have something like this on my wall!!!

-Spydey