Oregon Fishing Club

R
ryan808
Im curious about the Oregon Fishing Club, is any one here a member?

B
BlackBass
Im not a member but i do know that its horrible expensive and if you dont take full advantage you will waste a lot of money.

M
metalmania
I tried it for a year, it's not really worth the money.

D
dude young
Buy a boat. Fish all the water you want. Oddly enough, it could save you some money.

F
Finneus Polebender
I am pretty sure every time I go fishing I am paying out at least some small amount if not more! Not familiar with this club or the benefit per $ so have no idea of its value . Will say would consider paying to fish some private areas I know . Think there are a number of owners potentially missing the boat on that deal. As long as the fee were something reasonable say like at or less anally than a fishing license you could make it c&r only and lay down whatever other rules needed to protect the ecosystem and gain extra income for little impact on the natural resource. There are some very nice private waters sitting under lock and key ,and I understand why from the owners point of view . If you just let people in they eventually will trash the place !

R
ryan808
My point is that Finneus, the option of fishing pivate lakes that have little pressure. I would love to take a toon on one of those private lakes and have the chance to fish without searching for a bite all day. The fees are a little out there, but its a price you have to pay to havethat previlege. The local waters are far and little without a boat. Yes I could buy a boat, but Id have to pay for storage and why waste that money. Yeah, I justed wanted opinions on if it was worth it or not.... We'll see, I give you a shot if I do make it to one of those private lakes.

A
adambomb
I have fished several of their propertys and they immaculate. And the still waters are full of large quality fish. The majority of the fee money goes towards keeping the lakes and ponds stocked on a very regular basis, and up keep of the bathroom facilities. Not to mention several properties offer camping, and hunting options. I am not a member yet, but plan on joining as soon as possible. Its not for everybody, I would recommend talking to a member or two, so that you can be sure that the club has what you are looking for.

F
Finneus Polebender
Heck Ya TR and yours would be considered 5 star on the scale .be like stayin at the hilton instead of motel 6. As far as that payment goes feel like what it cost me for license and tag less than 100$ annually .There are already murmurings of a nice baitcaster headed your way along with a nice supply of the" stuff that catches bass "next time we get together . Totally sure you could price me right on out and make a tidy sum with the quality of your little slice of bass heaven, Will hope youll give me a break for givin you the idea or give me the job of playin weekend warden or such LOL.Have nothing against the idea of private hunting /fishing clubs and know well and understand the value of well maintained waters that have little to no pressure. I just can't afford hundreds of xtra dollars above the money I currently spend to have that wonderful oppertunity! I have expressed to all the owners of the private areas that I have so graciously been given permission to fish that any home heating or cooling prob /needs or painting needs are parts /materials only at cost labor is free. I sincerly hope I can repay them for their kindness! That is how much pristine private water means to me!" Will work for Bass"

Last edited:
D
davep
I am a member...have been for years...its about $360.00 for dues....I work in clackamas and can reach 5 lakes in about 15 minutes....I often go at lunch, catch and release 10 fish or so in the 12 to 20 inch range and am back to work by 1......I filled 1 and 1/2 tags last year and only fished in the winter/spring...never fished off club property once last year....I am absolutley sure that I get my monies worth and more....but thats just me...dave

F
Finneus Polebender
Right on sounds to me like you get your moneys worth .A guy can quickly get spoiled on private waters!

D
davep
If you include the initiation (6 year) it comes to about 480.00 per year...or 40 bucks per month.....Its not just ponds...we have 20+ prime river locations and you never have to deal with rude fishermen....I stopped fishing public waters when I was shot at by someone who thought I was anchored in his hole....that was it for me..

F
fishstick
been a member for a few years and yes it is expenisive but we do get some good water to fish without the pressure...if you like small lake fishing you would really enjoy it...myself i use it for the coast rivers

P
portlandsupersonics
I googled some blogs on other forums but haven't seen a recent discussion on the OFC club for a while (like over 10 years). I'm thinking of joining in the future and curious if any OFC members or those who have visited could provide some feedback on their experiences?

I mostly wonder if OFC has gained an increase in members over the years and that the private fishing locations may be more crowded (with members) then they were years back. Any other feedback on experiences would be appreciated, as it is a financial decision for sure.

Thanks!

C_Run
C_Run
Looks spendy, I wouldn't do it. Their FB page hasn't had a post in three years. Looks like their website is still there. Just go out and learn your rivers.

Reactions: portlandsupersonics
T
TheDryFlyGuy
portlandsupersonics said:
I googled some blogs on other forums but haven't seen a recent discussion on the OFC club for a while (like over 10 years). I'm thinking of joining in the future and curious if any OFC members or those who have visited could provide some feedback on their experiences?

I mostly wonder if OFC has gained an increase in members over the years and that the private fishing locations may be more crowded (with members) then they were years back. Any other feedback on experiences would be appreciated, as it is a financial decision for sure.

Thanks!
I have been a member for two years. I would say that there is usually one other angler at a property I am fishing. The only time it gets crowded (6-8 people) that I've seen is holiday weekends. There are some properties a bit further out that probably never are crowded. Some of the properties are very peaceful and nice, and I think some people maintain their memberships simply because they don't want to lose access to a particular property they enjoy. The people running OFC are not technically savvy. They have out of date materials, maps, and communication styles. This said, you likely don't need to communicate much with them. For the most part you just pay your dues and go fishing when you want. If you tell me what type of fishing you like to do, I will offer you my opinion on the club for that particular purpose.

Reactions: portlandsupersonics and Admin
C
csptjohnson
what a difference 10 years makes then... it is now almost 900 bucks per year now on the 3 year deal (the lowest you can sign up for)

Grant22
Grant22
ryan808 said:
Im curious about the Oregon Fishing Club, is any one here a member?
My family are members because we got tired of the constant combat fishing. We think that it it definitely worth it especially for all the river access you get. Definitely spendy and unless you fish a lot you won’t be getting your money worth. Their lakes and ponds have loads of big fish also. Like I already said our main thing is the space and no crowds.

C
csptjohnson
TheDryFlyGuy said:
I have been a member for two years. I would say that there is usually one other angler at a property I am fishing. The only time it gets crowded (6-8 people) that I've seen is holiday weekends. There are some properties a bit further out that probably never are crowded. Some of the properties are very peaceful and nice, and I think some people maintain their memberships simply because they don't want to lose access to a particular property they enjoy. The people running OFC are not technically savvy. They have out of date materials, maps, and communication styles. This said, you likely don't need to communicate much with them. For the most part you just pay your dues and go fishing when you want. If you tell me what type of fishing you like to do, I will offer you my opinion on the club for that particular purpose.
Is there a check in system or something on the days you fish? I asked them if I could bring my brother from time to time and was told 4 times per year if I am a member

G
gtsvenom2002
I was looking into OFC but like others stated there's no recent feedback. The benefits, for me this club fits for many reasons. I have a very good pontoon boat and am going to retire soon so I'm looking to go to places where that type of craft is well adapted to, and this club sounds geared to that. The river access sounds good too as I'm fine with a couple few nice holes and a run or 2 on any given property. I'd go to these places, most certainly.
So, I'm looking for feedback from any members on how these places are at this point in time. Does it live up to the website's descriptions of its properties, lack of crowds and camping? Thanks for any feedback.

Grant22
Grant22
It is definitely nice to not have to deal with people, especially on the river side of things if you do any steelhead or salmon fishing. Some of their river locations are good, some not so much. Their ponds have insane amounts of fish in them and you will pretty much always catch fish. My family and I are members because we wanted the river access mostly but we definitely still use the lakes and ponds. I will say that you definitely need to go out and use the places a fair bit to get your money’s worth. Usually you will see one or two other people depending on the property. There’s a lot of times though that there’s nobody else there.