Oregon City fishing dock

Status
Not open for further replies.
M
muskieguide
Fished the dock the last 2 days and managed one keeper that was 49 inches. However, the dock has turned into a joke and a nightmare. I am not racist and have friends of both nationalities, but the russians/ukrainians and the hispanics have taken over the dock, leave their crap everywhere, aim at boats anchored up in the river, start fights with locals, cast everywhich way over everyones lines not in their group, are rude/aggressive, and have no morals or ethics. I have fished next to the hispanic guys and they at least try to work with everyone when asked to. The others however, get an attitude. If you don't get to the dock by 4am you may not get a decent spot to fish. The folks that made the dock happen did a great thing and it's unfortunate that a select group can ruin it for everyone. We watched the russians/ukrainians force others out of their spots physically because they wanted it and did not get there early enough to rightfully get it. So I guess my message is, the fishing is good if you don't mind retards who can't fish, bullies trying to take your spot or bump you into the river, having several people cast over your line from both sides, and being crowded out if you catch a fish. Good luck out there, I'm done til it switches over to C&R

T
TTFishon
Kind of reminds me of the Salmon fishing below Dexter Dam only it's rednecks and tweekers. :lol:

J
John B
The people whom you are refering to are the same ones who caused all the trouble from the wall, including throwing
oversize fish sixtie to seventy feet only to be injured or killed. Although I fish from a boat and have fished in front of the dock
towards the wall let me assure you there's not one of those IDIOTS that can cast and get even close to a boat on there best
day, unless the boat is to close to the dock fisherman in the first place. It really is to bad that we have to put up with
all this bad behavour and unsportsman like conduct just to persue our passion. As soon as the retention season is over the
IDIOTS will disappear and we will be able to fish in solitude again. Just so you know, we have to put up with dumb a****.
from our boats also.

Last edited by a moderator:
B
Bad Tuna
I thought that dock was handicapped only, and the new "catwalk" was for the tweekers, soviets and other dirt bags? If it's not, it should be.

Read about Big Creek, most of those cited are the same, or same type of foreign filth you dealt with on the dock.

Last edited:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
"Foreign filth" eh?

S
skunk
Thanks for the heads up, was going to venture there with the kids, but now I won't. Sounds like trouble might arise if one of mine got hassled.

B
Bad Tuna
GraphiteZen said:
"Foreign filth" eh?

I think anyone who comes to another country and disregards the law is foreign filth, as opposed to domestic filth, and we have plenty of them too.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Bad Tuna said:
I think anyone who comes to another country and disregards the law is foreign filth, as opposed to domestic filth, and we have plenty of them too.

Just checking. ;) In the future, the term "*******" is applicable all the same.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Or, "A-hole" if you aren't fluent in Asterisk.... :rolleyes:

B
BobbiDollPDX
I don't normally stick my nose into places where I know something stinks or might sting me, but if you have to mention the race of an individual or individuals when speaking of them, there is a reason for it.

B
Bad Tuna
Because it's descriptive, it distinguishes from the others?

T
TTFishon
Bad Tuna said:
Because it's descriptive, it distinguishes from the others?

It's descriptive but also offensive and shouldn't be applied to this forum. IMO

S
skunk
Not agreeing with name calling, but how is someones ethnicity offensive? I'm proud of mine.

T
TTFishon
I suppose it depends on the context being used.

B
Bad Tuna
My take would be that the OP used the term "Hispanics", because they were, and to differentiate between them and the Russian and Ukranians also present. Had he said "Mexican", that would have been assuming, as they may have been from Spain, Brazil, Honduras, etc. Had he used an ethnic slur, that too would have been wrong. Political correctness has everyone in a race to be offended first.

Last summer our station had to take sensitivity training. Apparently it is now even politically incorrect to identify a woman by hair color, as someone could be offended. I'm predominately Native American... Barely. Call me anything but late to dinner, because I see myself as American, and that's it.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
In the context of post #4, they were described as "foreign trash" who happen to be acting aggressively towards other visitors of the dock. That type of description is not allowed here.

You are welcome to try another thread about the dock and it's visitors, but leave race out of it. That is is not the type of topic we should harbor at OFF. I'm sure the majority of forum users will agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.