Oregon City dock- need directions leaving in an hour

M
Moe
THis is like last second I am going out sturgeon fishing in an hour and need directions to THe oregon city dock from beaverton. Thanks for any replies!

M
Moe
Thanks bro I didn't get any but someone hooked a big @$$ oversize that scared everyone when it jumped then snapped his line. Three keepers were caught when I was there. Saw 5 sealions one of which caught a springer. Someone didn't have a tag and got an $800 ticket. It was freezing but still a good day out. If your gonna fish in a boat watch out there are huge logs in the water.

J
John B
$800.00 ticket, gotta be a DumbAzzzzz in every crowd. Hope the judge gets his license for a year also.

O
OnTheFly
Hey Moe, If I'm not mistaken, you're talking about the dock just below the locks right? I haven't been down there for a long time but it looks like they recently rebuilt it. Years ago the long stablizing beams were simply logs and not those green metal ones. Does a back eddy still form there? I remember casting out a lure and having to retrieve it from up stream. I've seen lots of Springers caught there and one time, to everyones surprise, I picked up a steelhead.

M
Moe
Ya It is that dock, and the back eddy is still there, someone even hooked a sturgeon in it. Did you catch the springers in the back eddy?

D
Drew9870
The last day of open Sturgeon season on the dock, a buddy and I watched a 10lb Chinook flop on the bank close to the dock and flop right back in after about 30 seconds, possibly a Sea Lion chasing it, but those Salmon are jumping pretty close to the dock, I was tempted to toss a #6 Blue Fox but I would just freak out if a Sea Lion grabbed one of my fish, and plus, I didn't feel like working a lure around all the logs, it was horrid.

Doesn't the dock reopen for Sturgeon fishing after August 31st?

S
skunk
That's a nice fine! Maybe keep him OFF the water for awhile. Hope it was his gas money.