Oregon carp searching

I
igquick
Carp fishing has been pretty tough for me lately with they Spawn n all, but I was able to FINALLY find a few places where they weren't spawning which took a while.

This little one still had more energy to jump out of my hands

Caught this nice Squawfish that bent my fishing pole in half

A fat 17 lber

I had to post this pic because of that fat stomach. Been seeing fat stomachs lately, not including my own...

I give this small fish TONS OF RESPECT. He ran probably half a football field giving the illusion of some sort of train. He was hands down stronger than the 17 lber and the 18 lber. (I think he was like 12 lbs?)

18 lber. Both the 17 and the 18 didn't know they were even hooked for half the fight.

Here's the video clips:

Reactions: Chromatose
Chromatose
Chromatose
The Tug Is The Drug...........Nice post & Video to boot..........:thumb:

I
igquick
Chromatose said:
The Tug Is The Drug...........Nice post & Video to boot..........:thumb:

Your welcome,

I agree, the tug is the drug

D
DrTheopolis
Iggy, out of curiosity, you didn't happen to be fishing the Slough under Marine Drive last Sunday (Saturday?) by any chance, did you?

In the distance, someone who could have been you was down there.

I
igquick
DrTheopolis said:
Iggy, out of curiosity, you didn't happen to be fishing the Slough under Marine Drive last Sunday (Saturday?) by any chance, did you?

In the distance, someone who could have been you was down there.

At kelley point park right? no it wasn't me, but I wish it was...what did him and his fishing poles look like?

D
DrTheopolis
Basically across the street from the entrance to Kelly Point. I was just out for a bike ride in my kinda-home-away-from-home in St Johns. It was quite a distance away, and looked vaguely like your pics, was all. If I thought for sure it was you, I would have said hello. I did see some folks fishing a pond I'd never even noticed near there -- don't wear bright red at your secret hole.

I
igquick
DrTheopolis said:
Basically across the street from the entrance to Kelly Point. I was just out for a bike ride in my kinda-home-away-from-home in St Johns. It was quite a distance away, and looked vaguely like your pics, was all. If I thought for sure it was you, I would have said hello. I did see some folks fishing a pond I'd never even noticed near there -- don't wear bright red at your secret hole.

I'm curious of that pond you are talking about