Orca in Coos Bay

killigan

While out crabbing in Coos Bay on 4/28/18, we spotted an Orca in the bay. On our way back to the dock, we saw it again. Ended up getting some footage of it breaching. First breach is at 00:01 and second breach is at 01:31 in the video. Second breach was much closer then the first one.

killigan

Well the video is not working on the forum like I had hoped. Tried to make it watchable from the forum and not have to go to YouTube to view it. Maybe a moderator can help me figure out how to get it to work correctly :)

killigan

When we first spotted it, we were about a mile north west of Pigeon Point. The Orca was traveling south in the shipping channel. We finished up our day and on the way back to the dock, we saw it again and I was able to get a little on video :) lived in Oregon all my life and have never seen a whale in the wild. In a one month span, I have now seen an Orca and a pod of Minke whales while fishing.

hobster

Very cool, hopefully it is looking for some sea lions to eat! I saw footage of one in the Slaw last year, never seen one myself. The second breach is great, thanks for sharing

rogerdodger

Most Featured
these transient 'Biggs' orcas are awesome, roaming around chomping down on pinnipeds, what a great life.

HereFishy

killigan;n611736 said:
Well the video is not working on the forum like I had hoped. Tried to make it watchable from the forum and not have to go to YouTube to view it. Maybe a moderator can help me figure out how to get it to work correctly :)
It worked for me.. As soon as I clicked play, it went to full screen... Played from start to finish with no problems.. I`m on my tablet. I can't speak to other devices working properly or not.

Top Bottom