OPST shooting heads

V
vetdan87
Has anyone tried these skagit commando shooting heads for single hand rods in the southern Oregon area? I am trying to get real unbiased feedback and information on them. I have seen all the YouTube videos on their channel. I am interested in trying them but don't want to spend the money if they dont work for our area.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

S
Stonefish
There is a pretty good thread on main forum on Washington Fly Fishing about SH Skagit casting with some mention of the Commando heads.
There is also a thread in the saltwater forum on about using Commando heads off the beach.
I'd post links for you but I'm if that is allowed.
SF

V
vetdan87
Thank you. I have read a lot of forums and ive seen pretty much all positive and great reviews. I guess I'm just a skeptic when somethin sounds that good it's to good to be true. Just wanted to make sure that I have read and done my research

S
Stonefish
Worse case is you spend $55.00 and hate it....or love it.
I've heard nothing but good things as well. I've exchanged email with OPST and they have responded promptly.
You should give them a call to find out what they'd recommend for your particular rod.
Your local fly shop may also have some demo heads you can try.

Their office is located in my sales territory so I plan to stop by one of these days to check out all their offerings.
SF

V
vetdan87
That is true I would either hate or love it. I'm just weary as I have 2 rods I would like to try it on. A 6wt and an 8wt. I will have to just spring and get one an see thank you for your time.

H
halibuthitman
If you have a fast action Rod they perform well, softer rods make them difficult to load and cast well

V
vetdan87
Sweet thank you for your info both of my single handed rods are fast action