Opportunity for PIT-tagging and electrofishing in Alsea Basin

troutdude

Hello volunteers,

We have a unique experience this September to help ODFW’s Life Cycle Monitoring Project collect and tag juvenile coho salmon in order to estimate their overwinter survival in several tributaries of the Siletz River. There is space for 1-2 volunteers to assist ODFW staff on September 9, 17, 18, 24 and 25. Plan for a full-day of work (8am-5pm). Work will be physically demanding and may involve bushwhacking, wading in chest deep water, and hiking on uneven terrain. Waders can be provided upon request. Please let me know if you would like to assist.

Christine Clapp

Fisheries Biologist

Salmon and Trout Enhancement Program (STEP)

Mid Coast District – Oregon Dept of Fish and Wildlife

810 SW Alder St. Unit C Newport, OR 97365

(541) 265-8306 x253 office, (541) 961-6386 cell, (541) 867-0311 fax

Christine.M.Clapp@state.or.us

troutdude

Did something very much like this, 40 years ago, for the Forestry Sciences Lab at OSU. It was a LOT of hard work. But I really enjoyed it.

Troutski

Did something very much like this, 40 years ago, for the Forestry Sciences Lab at OSU. It was a LOT of hard work. But I really enjoyed it.
I did the same thing on the Willy for Bulltrout about 25 years ago, If you have the physical stamina for all those things I highly recommend you do it. So much fun plus you get to help those fish you love to catch...

Chuck

Troutski

Wow; I never knew that the Willy had any Bulls.
You have no idea.... ODFW is very tight lipped when it comes to Fed Endangered critters. I also did the same thing on the upper Mac.I volunteered for quite a few decades. The S.T.E.P. program started off my volunteering for ODFW, every thing I did with them turned out spectacular. Far beyond what they originally planed.. A great experience.

Chuck

Top Bottom