Opening weekend reports

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
So this weekend was the opener for the 2013 Buck rifle season in Western Oregon. I unfortunately didn't shoot a buck but I did see a LOT of does and a herd of elk with a nice 6 point bull. Just wondering if anyone did tag out this weekend or would like to share a story of their weekend.

F
fishtales
Good for you to get out there. I was up at 3am getting ready. Picked up company at 4:20. After a bit of a drive we arrived at the spot around 6. No bucks, but saw some signs. Left around noon and hunted a more popular area with a bunch of clear cuts. Had a good time but did not get a buck. We saw one doe in the brush while driving. Later I ended up hunting the draw behind a popular hunting spot till the end of the day. It was pretty quite. The next few days should be good after the weather passes. I heard 16 or so bucks were shot further north of where I was hunting.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Yeah after all this stormy weather I hope the bucks start to move out into the cuts. Hope you get one soon, I'm going out Tuesday hopefully I'll fill my tag then

M
Mad dog
Ended the misery yesterday afternoon, don't care much for hunting the coast range for deer, it was one soggy day! Not a very big buck....he'll eat good though! Saw lot's of deer, 21 by 2:00pm, they were up and moving all day, both in the clearcuts and the timber. Made a nice 125yd shot and dropped him in his tracks. Home and had the deer cleaned up by 5:00....just in time for a cold beer and the breaking bad finale!
DSC03007.jpg

B
billfisher
Good job! Some good eating there, my mouth is watering! Nice picture, thanks for sharing :worthy:

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
That is a nice little 3 point!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Nice Buckster MD... thanks for the photo... enjoy your haul!

D
dtikey
Daughter got her first buck a forky at 205 yards one shot through the heart...Proud dad and great memories. We seen 4 bulls 30 cows and calfs that one buck and 9-12 does by 10am.DSCF1158.jpgDSCF1155.jpg

B
billfisher
Cool picture of the elk! Thats a great shot and deer for the first one! Congrats to both of you!:thumb:

B
Big Hairy Dawg
Our group in Eastern Oregon went five out of six, two 4x4, one 4x3 and two big 3x3's....pictures to follow after I get them down loaded. I'm the poor bass terd that didn't get one. I had to come home and get ready for my daughters wedding this Saterday. If it works out I may get to go back and hunt the last two days.

Last edited:
SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Well atleast you missed hunting time due to an important family event

Reactions: fishtales