Opening in a week. Bass?

O
OutforTrout
Rookie question, I know I know. Anyone have any luck with Bass at Hagg? Still fairly new and ready for the season to open soon and looking for the best trout/bass ideas for this season. Any luck on spinnerbait? I've heard some good things through the board. Happy angling to everyone. Look forward to seeing you out on the lake (and the rivers.. just got into fly :))!

F
FishSchooler
I am waiting for hagg too. :)
The water will be too cold though right when it opens. I am waiting till may to go for any kind of fish. Last year on opening day, nothing but a little dinker trout was pulled up.

H
Hawk
If i remember correctly, i think the Oregon record Smallmouth Bass was caught in Hagg.......................:D:D:D.....................:cool::cool::cool:

F
FishSchooler
Yepps..................:lol:................you ar a righto thar hawkie...................:lol:...............

H
Hawk
ThankYou Son.............................now do yer HomeWerk...............................:lol::lol::lol::lol:..........................:cool::cool::cool:

O
Obsessed
It might be a little cold for the bass yet, but there will be 18,000 stocker trout to catch in the mean time.:)

H
Hawk
well, thats better'n nuttin'........................heeheehee...................................:lol::lol::lol::lol:..............................:cool::cool::cool:

T
trollin4trout
I caught a 14 inch large mouth yesterday on a big pink flatfish I was trolling!

bassflatfish.jpg

14inchlargemouthhaag.jpg

They must be hungry and aggressive to come up out of that COLD water(44degress) to near the surface and grab that big ugly thing!

G
Green_Tackle
I caught a 14 inch large mouth yesterday on a big pink flatfish I was trolling!

Now that is a suprise... didn't think they would be biting in this cold. Nice job.

kidholiday
kidholiday
OutforTrout said:
Rookie question, I know I know. Anyone have any luck with Bass at Hagg? Still fairly new and ready for the season to open soon and looking for the best trout/bass ideas for this season. Any luck on spinnerbait? I've heard some good things through the board. Happy angling to everyone. Look forward to seeing you out on the lake (and the rivers.. just got into fly :))!

Be patient is all I can say. The water is still cold. They should get into prespawn when the water gets to 55 degrees. Once that happens the males will start moving into the shallows to build nests. Just about any bass lure will work there, I have caught them on spinners to rattletraps. Chartruse with white spinners are the best. Also plastic worms will work. Once that water warms up some I will be hitting them up. Also try using suspending jerk baits, giving them a twitch or two and pause for around 10 secs. then twitch again. Have fun and good luck. And remember we are all rookies even if we have been fishing all our lives. If it was easy it would be called catching.