Open seat tomorrow

K

kayakkid

I hope to fish the Shelburn section of the Santaim, if not the shelburn, I will fish the greens bridge section. I am offering an open seat to anyone who would like to come along. All I ask is that you help out with the shuttle. I don't have a a lot of equipment, I have enough for myself, but you need to bring your own. I will be throwing spinners, pulling plugs and floating jigs. Let me know if anybody would like to come. I have all the safty gear and have floated both sections quiet a few times.

Jeff

G

GMR

Sounds fun but I dont have a clue where it is...
Whats biting out there?

Last edited:
S

SALTYFISH

Had some friends float from mehama to stayton today ...................And they got 6 ho"s for there effort. If i didn't get the keys to my new place today, and i wasn't moving stuff all this weekend i would be all over ur OFFer good luck though..

K

kayakkid

shhh don't tell anyone...

M

Modest_Man

If you're doing anything Tuesday or Wednesday let me know. I've got work tomorrow...

C

capblack

Had some friends float from mehama to stayton today ...................And they got 6 ho"s for there effort. If i didn't get the keys to my new place today, and i wasn't moving stuff all this weekend i would be all over ur OFFer good luck though..

that stretch isn't open for cohos is it? i thought it was only below stayton

K

kayakkid

Didn't end up fishing today, but as of Nov 1st it has been open. Check your Regs.

S

skunk

How far from Salem are you? I'd like to take you up on an open seat offer sometime. Saturdays work best, and I have a rig to help with the shuttle. I'm in O.C. so distance is the only issue.

S

slimyguts

Tranny is being rebuilt as we speak. Would love to float a new river and have no problem with shuttle. On the nestucca, we usually float on the drift boat and put a mountain bike in the back. When we get to the take out, whoever towed the boat will wait with the boat (and keep fishin from the bank) while the other unlucky sole rides the bike to get the truck.

Give me a shout if you want to go next weekend. Truck will be ready and so will I. Have not had a good fight since june when I landed a 25# from three rivers!!! I got the itch REAL bad!!! Never done much rowin on the river but would love to help with that part too.

Last edited:
C

capblack

KK, have you ever used Bob Lusk as a shuttle? Hes in Lyons and used to shuttle your rig for $10. I havent used him in years, but it may be worth looking into. That way you can drift alone without worrying about a shuttle, Brian

K

kayakkid

I am going to offer up an open seat again on Thursday. I will stay and fish the santiam if the water drops a bit, if not I think I will head to the nestucca. Anyone interested Let me know!

Last edited:
S

slimyguts

I had planned on fish the nestucca on Saturday. Got to work during the week. If you change your mind and want to go saturday, I am in. Can use my truck / car for shuttle. I live in Mac. Short jump over the mountain. Let me know.
Even have some home cure eggs frozen from spring nook from that area ready to tempt its cousin

K

kayakkid

I am heading out tomorrow, if someone would like to come give me a call.

Jeff 916 990 6667

C

capblack

I am heading out tomorrow, if someone would like to come give me a call.

Jeff 916 990 6667

where you goin? Im busy tommorrow, but people might be more inclined to respond if they knew where you were goin.

K

kayakkid

North Santaim Packsaddle to fishermans

C

capblack

what are you chasing up that high? i dont think theres enough winters over yet to fish that high is there?

K

kayakkid

I don't follow reports I make reports. There should be a few fish in there...

Last edited:
Top Bottom