Open seat on the Willamette or Multnomah ?

S
Specialed
So I go out today to outfit myself for some sturgeon fishing. I needed a new pole, reel and rigging, anchor system and rope for the 13' Alaskan Smokercraft and a 2010 fishing license w/tags. I start doing some simple math and realize I'm looking at close to a few hundred bucks...I have decided to start with the license, pole and reel and get the anchor set up later. If anyone has an open seat I would be more than happy to chip in some $ for fuel, buy the bait, lunch or whatever you think is fair. I'm not looking for a free ride by any means-don't believe in it (I'm a bonified Conservative!). However, a little bit of experience from one of you experts would make me feel a lot better out on the river once I get the anchor setup. Thanks to all for all the advice an insight you all give, it's much appreciated!:)

S
SNDSLGR
You working tomorrow morning?

S
Specialed
Dang-I am committed to working until the weekend. The week after I can do weekdays. Thanks for the reply man. I have read a number of your posts and would be like to go fishing with you. Thanks again, SpecialEd

S
SNDSLGR
I think your current idea is the right approach, this junk is expensive... use other peoples a few times so you buy exactly what you want the first time. Keep in touch, I fish often and would be glad to take you out.

F
Fish Fight
Specialed said:
So I go out today to outfit myself for some sturgeon fishing. I needed a new pole, reel and rigging, anchor system and rope for the 13' Alaskan Smokercraft and a 2010 fishing license w/tags. I start doing some simple math and realize I'm looking at close to a few hundred bucks...I have decided to start with the license, pole and reel and get the anchor set up later. If anyone has an open seat I would be more than happy to chip in some $ for fuel, buy the bait, lunch or whatever you think is fair. I'm not looking for a free ride by any means-don't believe in it (I'm a bonified Conservative!). However, a little bit of experience from one of you experts would make me feel a lot better out on the river once I get the anchor setup. Thanks to all for all the advice an insight you all give, it's much appreciated!:)

I can help you build an anchor, Clackamas steel has the material and it's very cheep. I have a machine shop and I can cut and weld the anchor for you. I also have some chain for your anchor. Let me know and we'll get you on the water.

S
Specialed
That would be awesome! Give me a list of the materials and I will take you up on your offer...Thanks for you generosity, Specialed

B
BlackTalon
Open seat

Open seat

I will be trying to get out more in the coming weeks and will probably post some open seats when the time comes. I usually would love to have another person and rod aboard the boat.

Evan

H
halibuthitman
Fish Fight said:
I can help you build an anchor, Clackamas steel has the material and it's very cheep. I have a machine shop and I can cut and weld the anchor for you. I also have some chain for your anchor. Let me know and we'll get you on the water.
wow, that is a very generous offer, a persons time and skill is worth more than money..... Fish Fight if you ever need help with something don't be afraid to ask...:clap::):clap:

M
Markcanby
A good place to buy steel is BBC here in Canby they have a Rem. Yard that is all scrap price I get a lot of stuff there.