Open seat 2/9/16 Wilson River

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Float from Mills bridge to Sollie Smith bridge with EOBOY & Hooked Up.

C
cddunn
Bring your beads.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Seat filled

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
At my office currently wishing I would have filled this spot today!!!! Hope you guys have a productive, fun, and safe trip! Please give us updates this eve?

Cheers,

Chris

P
pinstriper
At the airport thinking the same thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R
rakane
Great weather, you guys are going to slay.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

B
Big3d
I hope you gentlemen gave 'em what for!

C
ChezJfrey
Nice day. Water was near perfect. Struggle to find fish for some reason.

They bailed after the float...I can't let go. Never say die, refuse to lose. On the way up the hill toward home, hit one of my magic spots and at about 5:45, fish on! Wild fish, terrible photo in the waning light, but fun stuff!

IMAG0117.jpg

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
ChezJfrey (Jeffery), Dana and I went down the Wilson following approximately 30 other boats! Weather forecast of 70 degree temps was in doubt when we launched, very cold breeze!
Mostly bobber dogged, Jefferey gave us a demonstration on the finer points of spoon fishing. Jeffery even got out his fly rod. I think Dana and Jeffery had a couple bobber downs.
I went 1/1 while bobber dogging a bead, it was a native which gave one nice jump. Got it to the boat and wasn't sure which was bigger, the fish or the bobber!
With all the boats we didn't see a single fish bending a rod, a net fly or someone posing for a picture. It was one of those days. The forecast did come through at 73 degrees however!
All in all a great day OFF on the river.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Way to stick with it Jeffery!

EOBOY
EOBOY
ChezJfrey said:
Nice day. Water was near perfect. Struggle to find fish for some reason.

They bailed after the float...I can't let go. Never say die, refuse to lose. On the way up the hill toward home, hit one of my magic spots and at about 5:45, fish on! Wild fish, terrible photo in the waning light, but fun stuff!

I won't give away you'r spot:thumb: that said I have made up mind about something. The last 3 time's I've gone out on "my boat" I've given in to the majority and anchored up. Won't happen again! I'm running and gunning. Just like I've been taught by my mentor Captain Tanner! So if you want on my boat that is the way I'm gonna roll. The only thing we (I) have done differently than Tanner is anchoring up. Minimum of two trips maybe three, so be ready to run and gun.

EOBOY

PS made a new friend at Lees camp, Paul the owner is a fellow 25th div. man, a Golden Dragon. It's always a pleasure to meet another Grunt.

O
OnTheDrop
Yeah boys... I hoped to see some chrome! With water like that, there was some angry fish around....

Last edited:
O
OnTheDrop
EOBOY said:
I won't give away you'r spot:thumb: that said I have made up mind about something. The last 3 time's I've gone out on "my boat" I've given in to the majority and anchored up. Won't happen again! I'm running and gunning. Just like I've been taught by my mentor Captain Tanner! So if you want on my boat that is the way I'm gonna roll. The only thing we (I) have done differently than Tanner is anchoring up. Minimum of two trips maybe three, so be ready to run and gun.

EOBOY

PS made a new friend at Lees camp, Paul the owner is a fellow 25th div. man, a Golden Dragon. It's always a pleasure to meet another Grunt.

Theres quite a few things I do differently, that comes with lots of time on the water, but you are in right direction.... ;)))

C
ChezJfrey
OnTheDrop said:
Theres quite a few things I do differently, that comes with lots of time on the water, but you are in right direction.... ;)))

OK, so EOBOY's got a good memory, as did Hooked Up and myself...we could remember many of the good lies. Plus, I've got a decent enough education with steelhead now to recognize good seams, structure, water speed and such, so usually know where I should be running my line. Rigged up perfect, and everyone running slightly different terminal, with some changes along the way...some yarn, some beads, a corky, even switched it up with a fly at one run, some spoon tosses along the way, spinner tosses...and nothing. Well, until I went to 'magic spot' after the float :)

After your last post, I scanned my memory, and I get it now...you slightly roll your wrists when rowing. I've seen it. EOBOY doesn't. That must be it!

O
OnTheDrop
Haha^^ love it.

Roll your wrists, and get this...This week was good~2 chances at 20lbers. Good luck,
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
EOBOY said:
Won't happen again! I'm running and gunning. Just like I've been taught by my mentor Captain Tanner! .

Dana & I decided stopping to fish certain sections was the biggest mistake made that day. I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on boat ettiqutte when the river is packed with boats and people on the bank. Specifically, when someone is anchored up and you're going to float between them and where they're fishing.

Thanks,

Hans

C
ChezJfrey
EOBOY said:
Roll my wrist's, Roll my wrist's. Got it!:hi:

I'm tellin' ya, that's gotta be the key. Oh, and Tanner's just a show OFF...he can just stop with the pics rubbing our faces in it...

T
troutmasta
Dana I know you know how to steelhead fish. These aren't nooks. Cover water, small presentation, sharp hook. That's all you need. I'm coming next time. We'll smack em'!

EOBOY
EOBOY
ChezJfrey said:
I'm tellin' ya, that's gotta be the key. Oh, and Tanner's just a show OFF...he can just stop with the pics rubbing our faces in it...

Yeah, and I want the names of all those guy's using MY GUIDE!

EOBOY
EOBOY
troutmasta said:
Dana I know you know how to steelhead fish. These aren't nooks. Cover water, small presentation, sharp hook. That's all you need. I'm coming next time. We'll smack em'!

You got it!