Open open open????

T
trout-gout
Is Timothy Lake accessible now? looking to get out there next week if possible

T
trollin4trout
Haven't actually tried to get there this year or ever this early- but experience tells me there is no chance in ****!

Call the Ripplebrook Ranger Station- they'll know when the roads are open.

H
Hawk
Say Howdy to the crawdaddies fer me..............................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

M
mudslinging79
bait shop in estacada says snowgates open round mid april.

O
Oregonchris
Hey it is mid April now.....you guys hear anything?

M
madoc
I just called the Ranger station, road is still closed due to snow - no estimate when it will clear up.

A
Anyfishisfine
I can just see a snow plow being the newest must-have for the determined angler :cool:

D
Dweller
Timothy is always late to open. Keep us posted if you hear something!

M
madoc
Anyfishisfine said:
I can just see a snow plow being the newest must-have for the determined angler :cool:

Forget a plow, snowshoes.

C
cavdad45
All the Mt. Hood lakes are still blocked by snow as of today. Hit a little freezing rain while driving around up there.

V
Vectorpete
Timothy Not Open!!

Timothy Not Open!!

Just tried to get in there today. Gate is closed about 5 miles from the lake at the turnoff. Ranger station looked closed as well. Fishing was slow in the little water way up on the Clack.

V
Vectorpete
Timothy Lake gate is closed at the turnoff about 5 miles away. Didn't look like much snow. Ranger station looks like it is still closed. Fishing was slow at the upermost reaches of the Clack.

V
Vectorpete
Timothy Not Open -- Gate was closed today!

S
Stryker
What kind of trolling gear do I need for this lake??

V
Vectorpete
Don't know, I have been concentrating on flyfishing, I'm sure one of the other guys will know.

S
Stryker
Well then what kind of flies are historically working this time of year. Thanks for any info.

M
Meixman
Gates (Probably) Still Closed

Gates (Probably) Still Closed

Hi all, I'm a newbie here but am very excited about this forum. Please forgive me if I give you info you already have. I went up 26 today and it is still pretty thick at Trillium and Frog, but didn't quite make it to Timothy; Timothy was the goal but something came up and we had to turn back. I'm guessing it's still closed as there was still about 3' of snow at the Trillium gate and at the Frog lake entry as well. C'mon sun!!!

R
ROCKit
Gate closed?

Gate closed?

3' of snow Really?:think: So did you make it to the 42 turnoff and was it open?

M
Meixman
ROCKit said:
3' of snow Really?:think: So did you make it to the 42 turnoff and was it open?
I'm afraid I didn't make it to 42 as I got a call from work and had to report in but I'd have a hard time believing the gate is open yet. Of course, we're supposed to see 80 degrees this weekend in Portland so who knows what may come?

A
ArcticAmoeba
You can't get to it from 26, but you can come up through Estacada. It is all clear, and open. Call RippleBrook Ranger Station to be sure, but last I checked they had it opened up to Timothy.