Open invitation

F
fishnquest
I am fishing with Osmosis Wednesday, Sep 1. All day. My wife wants to spend the day with Colin instead of fishing. I am looking for someone to go with me, my treat.
Where are we going? B10 or Tillamook or wherever Osmosis says. What are we fishing for? Chinook, unless its closed. If its closed, then whatever Osomosis says. What do you need to bring? Appropriate clothing, your own food and drink. FYI, I don't drink alcohol. I don't particularly care if you do, but I'm not looking for a falling-down drunken fishing partner.
There are conditions:
1. You have to go fishing with me; guided by Osmosis.
2. You have to pm me and tell me you want to go.
3. You have to meet me at Omosis' boat; wherever he says.
4. You have to have all day to go fishing, and you have to want to have fun.
5. You have to know its called fishing, not catching guarantees. But we are going with Osomsis.

Thats it.

Who am I? A 53 year old, non-smoker and really really prefer you are too, married looooong time, father of 3 grown children, grandfather of Colin. Easy-going guy (at least I think I am) who gets along with most any age as long as you like to go fishing. I mostly fish the sacramento river and the ocean. I want to learn more about this river fishing stuff for Chinook and Steelhead. That is why I am on OFF. Some of you know me.
I am on the road right now. I won't be back on here for a day or so.
So, does anyone want to go fishing? Osmo is going to get paid for 2 so you might as well go if you want to. PM me.
Dale
PS: If this is in the wrong place, I apologize and assume someone will put me in my place.

M
Markcanby
Oh Dale that would rock but I am at my fishing Quota for the next month. I have a trip with OTF 3,4,5 an then Deep Sea with the boss on the 12th.:(:(:(

E
eggs
**** I wish I have a vaca day..

L
lilsalmon
awwwww.....salmon?

O
Outdoor_Myers
*beepinnookspitmyhook* no transportation oh well Im getting my costume ready in case he does his annual halloween fishing derby a small hint... "Well, Clarice - have the lambs stopped screaming? " hee hee i love halloween but anyways maybe next time but someone better jump on this quick! only a few days left!

F
Finneus Polebender
Dang mid week takes me out the pic ,have heard so much about your guide ,wishin I could . Sure someone will jump lucky dog!

troutdude
troutdude
Yeah, man would I LOVE to go w/ you and Osmo! But, breaking away during the middle of the week just aint' gonna happen. DOH!!!

B
beaverfan
Dang that's one heck of an OFFer! I wish I could but I wouldn't be able to make it out there until 9 (would have to take my girl to work) or so otherwise I'd be there in a heartbeat! Good luck, should be a great time!

F
fishnquest
Too bad Mark and Jay. I meant to say you ff members have first dibs so I can talk smack and won't feel so bad when I kick your butts this year.
I have 2 responses so far that both say something like call me as a last resort...
The offer is open till tomorrow morning sometime, I gotta rest now, road weary... Come on folks, I can't give away a guided trip???

T
Throbbit _Shane
If i lived up there id take up the offer in a instant! hope u find some one

F
FishFinger
Dale, How long are you going to be in town? Your gonna have a blast fishing with Alan, he's awesome.

I gotta work the 1st, If you all hit the Witchata Pub afterwords I'll drop by and say hello..

F
fishnquest
I'm on ne 58th till friday. tentatively planning fishing with autofisher thursday. time with family tomorrow. laurelwood for dinner today. I'll try to remember... witchata pub...witchata pub...

F
FishFinger
The pub/ eatery is on hwy 224 in Clackamas, I defaulted to Alan, Clack, pub..lol

Sounds like your prob going after some profound fall fish

Oregon Fish Counts, Chinook, Salmon, Steelhead, Shad

The Chinook count is picking up daily @ Bonneville Damn. They are getting big fish in good numbers around Rainier on the Columbia. Buoy 10 is set to close for Kings on the 1st but is open for coho, which is starting to produce some good numbers. 81 counted yesterday the Skipinon launch in Warrenton. We got only one, but remain hopeful about next weekend.

Peeps on the coast seem confused about the Nookies. The "record" return forecast has not happened yet. There is talk of extending the Buoy 10 season.. Stay tuned i guess

Alan will get you into some fish, wherever it is you go!

M
meluvtrout
FishFinger said:
Peeps on the coast seem confused about the Nookies. The "record" return forecast has not happened yet. There is talk of extending the Buoy 10 season.. Stay tuned i guess
NEWS RELEASE
Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife

Jessica Sall (503) 947-6023

Inernet: www.dfw.state.or.us

For immediate release Aug. 30, 2010

Buoy 10 chinook fishery will not be extended

CLACKAMAS, Ore. – Oregon and Washington fishery managers announced today that they will be unable to extend retention of chinook salmon in the popular Buoy 10 fishery beyond the scheduled closure date of 11:59 p.m. on Aug. 31. The fishery will remain open through Dec. 31 for hatchery coho salmon and hatchery steelhead.

The relatively slow catch of chinook in recent weeks had fueled speculation that the chinook fishery might be extended. To date, sport anglers have caught approximately half of the expected chinook quota.

Although the total chinook catch was well below expectations, the allowable catch of wild tule chinook, which are listed under the federal Endangered Species Act, has already been exceeded. Given that, extending the chinook fishery at Buoy 10 may have resulted in less recreational fishing upstream of Tongue Point.

F
Fishydog
One & a half seats?

One & a half seats?

I would love to fish with you and Osmosis but I am a stay at home dad(that doesn't stay home) and my son doesn't have preschool tomorrow. If we could work out something with Osmo to bring my 5 year old son Graham I'm there. Graham's a great kid(not just saying that because I'm his dad[or to get on the boat]), loves to fish, happy to be on an adventure, and doesn't smoke ;) I am able bodied 47 year old, been fishing here all my life(dad had a commercial fishing boat[not a gillnetter!]), have my own boat but always appreciate learning all I can. I can probably kick in some money if need if we could work a deal on my kid and can share food if you like, got fresh crab, smoked salmon, homegrown tomatoes, fresh baked bread.....
PM sent
Thanks, Doug(& Graham)

F
fishnquest
Thank you everyone that responded. GDBrown, it was nice to meet you and thank you for coming. For everyone else, you didn't miss anything. We were there, the fish stayed home. We went up by bonnieville on the Columbia. Several boats (not lots tho). Saw one fish caught. We got one bite in 5 hours. Got some pretty good rain, a little wind. Came home skunked and pretty wet. Still a great fishing trip and I will book again...

L
lilsalmon
Awwwww sorry to hear the fish did a no show. I am sure you had a good day as a day spent with Osmosis is most interesting.

T
Thuggin4Life
Too bad but thats fishing. One of these times we have to meet up and do some fishing. Was camping in bodega bay all weekend and spent the other few days of my 5 day trip down to cali in sacremento or i would have maybe seen the post and jumped on it. glad someone came. gd is a great guy. to bad about the rain though.