One that got away...

J
Johnny Southpaw
Went to the old bass pond today for first time this year. It felt so good being out on the water, the sun blazing down. Fished for about an hour total-was getting ready to bag it when I had a hookup with a big mama (im guessing it was a girl)-she softly tap-tap-taped my 7 inch. berkely power worm before inhaling it...i set the hook...she promptly went DOWN...drag was too loose...tightened it...resumed fighting the fish only to feel that my line was now hung up on some obstruction and SNAP! Oh well. What can one do but curse and re-tie. Hit it hard for a good 15 min. after breaking OFF and nothing. At least I had my first hookup of the year with my old friend the Bucketmouth. Hoping she'll want to dance again soon.

Badfish
Badfish
Sounds awesome. Can't wait to get out! The weather is warming up so it should be getting better.

T
Thuggin4Life
Sweat man. Suprised you didn't fish all day after that.

A
adambomb
I also missed a nice fish today. She was sitting under a tree, and I had to weave my rod through a maze of branches just to be able to drop my crappie jig in her face. To my surprise, she nailed it!! I didn't have enough vertical space to get a good hook set so she got OFF on the first head shake. This weekend should be spectacular! I am 98% sure that this is the fish I missed today. I took this picture last summer.

J
Johnny Southpaw
Nice picture-she looks pissed OFF! I hate getting a bite and not having the room to make a good hookset. Think this warmer weather has finally pushed the bass to the tipping point-they're hungry and active! Which means I need to get out on the water today...might have to wait until tomorrow but definitely gonna get back out there before the weekend is over! Tight lines!

F
Finneus Polebender
Pretty sure at least in a couple of my favorite spots that I have caught the same fish up to 3 years in a row . One fish that was osprey scarred I caught the last 2 years , have not been to that spot yet this year but you can bet I will be knockin .Always worthwhile to log the spots you missed the big one for another day . Glad you got some action and some sun on yer back youll get her next time.