One Strange Fish Tale

F
fishtales
That was a very good article but a bit long for me. I'm happy to say I am up to date on part of the history of the Rainbow Trout.

N
n8r1
Excerpt from the article:

"The book devotes a chapter to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's decision in 1962 to deliberately poison the Green River in Utah and Wyoming to wipe out the native fish and make room for rainbows."

This is one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard of. Poison native fish to make room for an non-native species? Are you kidding me????

B
beaverfan
Back in the old days nobody seemed to care about the environment and our effect on it. They thought hey Rainbows are easy to catch and there not bad eating either, let's put them everywhere!

M
metalfisher76
n8r1 said:
Excerpt from the article:

"The book devotes a chapter to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's decision in 1962 to deliberately poison the Green River in Utah and Wyoming to wipe out the native fish and make room for rainbows."

This is one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard of. Poison native fish to make room for an non-native species? Are you kidding me????

White man, no bright.:cool: We never were very smart, slow learners if ya will:lol: