One of them days that I wish wouldn't have happened

B

bigdog

Well for sure I wish this day wouldn't have happened. Here it is 2:30am and I'm needing to get this day out there because there is no way I can sleep right now. Started the day out going over and working on my father in laws car to replace the CV drive axles, I have to say that was one part of this day that wasn't to bad. When I'm about done getting his car back together I get a text from the wife, a friend of the family that happens to live in one of the front units of my town houses (six plex) past away this morning. I rush home to be there for her son that also lives up front with her to be there for him he is a good friend of mine, as I'm pulling in I see them bringing her out and loading her in the coroner's van, I really didn't want to see this and I know he didn't need to see this as well. There were a lot of people that came and went through the day (the family members coming by) and there were able five different fights that had to be broke up. I know when something like that happens that people get upset and emotions get going but fighting is not something you need to do and really not something a son needs to have around him after finding his mom past away on the floor.

Now everything of that has gone pass and we are in our place trying to relax, (as most that know me know I have cams up all around so I am able to watch over my place lets face it I don't live in the best part of town and I don't want no one messing with our stuff) so we are upstairs and I'm see people running all over the place pointing up at the roof (mind you this is some where around 12:30am) so I turn the sound on the monitor and I hear the younge guy that lives on the end unit yelling it's on fire. Well lets just say you all know we have 2 children and four dogs and I want to tell you that's not a fun amount of living things to get out of a house fast and safe at the same time. In the end everyone is safe and ok, no one got hurt but now 2 of the units are gutted out and to families are now homeless:( I do feel bad for them but I am thankfull that everyone one is ok. the worst thing for our household is it smells in here now and we are counting our blessings right now that the fire fighters were able to do what they could and we still have a place to live but really feel bad for the 2 families that live next door for they don't have their places now.

Like I said this was one of them days where I just wish it wouldn't have happened. The fire truck just now left and all calmer then it was, think we are going to try to get some rest now. Hope all is well for everyone else out there and hope things start to get better around here as well.

B

bigsteel

sound like you did a couple good deeds bro...let me know if i can do anything cj

T

Thuggin4Life

Sorry to hear about all this man. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. But things will be ok in the long run.

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Bigdog;
Geez,sorry to hear about your harrowing day. Seems like you and beaverfan were nearly in the same boat. He was also involved in a fire situation. Glad to hear you and your family are well and safe. My sympathies to your friend.

F

FishFinger

Wow BD, you had a full day to be sure. Sorry to hear of your neighbors misfortunes. I agree with you, in times of loss people should come together not be fighting amongst one another.

Any Idea how the fire started?

B

bigdog

Thank you all it was one heck of a day that we all could have done with out that's for sure.
They are saying something about it was the chimney, not to sure if it was because it was so old or if was dirty or what but that where it was.
I think I need to get out on the water to clear the head or something, was going to be out there today with Jimmy but with everything that has happened around here kinda had to cancel that trip for the day.

W

wormosa

Thank you all it was one heck of a day that we all could have done with out that's for sure.
They are saying something about it was the chimney, not to sure if it was because it was so old or if was dirty or what but that where it was.
I think I need to get out on the water to clear the head or something, was going to be out there today with Jimmy but with everything that has happened around here kinda had to cancel that trip for the day.
man i understand having to cancel, that is my thoughts as well with this week and the events that happened in my life, i just needed to retreat to my man-cave ( bedroom) and sit there and think and think.. god bless ya bro, keep your chin up and good things will come your way

B

bigdog

Yeah we are keeping our heads up and moving forward here. Right now trying to see what all we can do to help out the two families that lost their places and trying to see what we can do to help out our friend that lost his mom as well. Pulling together to figure out how to get his rent took care of for next month so it gives him a little time to get his head on and see what we can do to help make sure every family still has food and what not.

G

GraphiteZen

Man that's messed up. Really makes you wonder sometimes, so many tragedies so closely related like that man it aint right.

B

bigdog

Well they say things come in threes, I'm hoping they are wrong about that though I don't need nothing else right now.

F

Fishydog

Wow! CJ, when it rains it pours :( Good to know no one got hurt in the fire. Things gotta get better, right? :rolleyes:

B

bigdog

Yeah that's what we all are thinking and hoping for. Just time to keep the heads up and move forward. Our main thing here now is trying to do what we can to help the people most effected by all this and be there for them for what ever we can do to help. Everyone is doing good and making the best of everything.

H

Hawk

Bro, i'm praying for your good friend & the folks who have fire damage. Creosote buildup in a chimney is very dangerous. Every year or two the chimney should be cleaned with a proper long handled brush tool.

I, also have lost too many loved ones. Life isn't easy sometimes. But life is much better then the alternative.

Take Care & Be Safe...

B

bigdog

Well the owners of this place have never had them cleaned sense I have lived here in 6 years that would be one of the reasons I never use the fire place. I think there might be a law suite or something coming in the near future.

F

FishFinger

I have some clothing and house hold items I'd be more than happy to donate to you neighbors, Bits and pieces of things what might help them to start putting their lives back together again.

B

bigdog

I have some clothing and house hold items I'd be more than happy to donate to you neighbors, Bits and pieces of things what might help them to start putting their lives back together again.

Thank you so much Dan and if any of them are in need of anything like that I will defenitly get in toucj with you. Right now they haven't been back here yet today they were put up in some motel rooms for now and I'm waiting for them to call me so we can see what all is going on. Thank you very much dan.